Sapphire x600xt VIVO new cooler

pat

Expert
I just got a new X600XT VIVO for my new motherboard. It might not be the best performing vid card, but for my need, it will simply do. I had an AIW 9600XT before and was doing great so I guess that it should do. But my main concern is, I just tried an ATI radeon x600pro, because I did not receive mine on time and I just borrow one from my friend, and found it to be a bit noisy, much more that my AIW. So, I'm looking for a nice cooler to replace the stock one. This card will never be overclocked and wont play game for a very long time, as I'm not a big gamer. I will use it mainly for normal computer use and capturing analog video. I "had" a very silent computer with my AIW and I like it to be as silent as before with my new card. I have it to watch DVD near my TV set.

So, can someone recommend me a good cooler for X600 serie video card or if I can use the Zalman one even if they are not listed in their web site? Or does the ARCTIC COOLING VGA SILENCER REV3 is a good performer?

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get an old passive cooler from a Pentium II or Slot-1 Celeron and cut it to fit.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pat

Expert
I have one from a P2 300, IIRC, from an old Dell computer. looks like a bit tall, but I should be able to have it fit anyway.. I just hope it wont take too much space toward my PCI slot, as I have only 3 and I need 2. Well Maybe one if onboard sound sound good on my Gigabyte k8nf-9. It has onboard digital coax in and out, so I may be able to use it instead of my sound card.

There is a fan too. I might use it if I can and if it is not too noisy,

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!