NFL Blitz Monitor Question

Good day all!

I have a NFL Blitz 99 4 player that I belive was converted from an
original blitz 25" The monitor is a wells garnder, but I can't tell
which model.

Does anyone know what model was commonly installed in these games? The
colors are weak, so I presume it needs a cap kit installed.

Also on that note, where is a good source for a cap kit for this
monitor? I've never installed a cap kit before, but removed and
installed several chasis, so I think I'm ready to try this out.

Thanks!
-Ryan
3 answers Last reply
More about blitz monitor question

    ahh... you're going to have to find the chasis model number...

    Blitz can run in either standard or medium res...

    to top things off, someone could have swapped monitors before they sold the
    machine (e.g. swapped in a cheaper std. res monitor for an existing med.
    res one).

    try bob roberts chasis identification page.

    "MercCat" <marilyn_ryan@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Good day all!
    >
    > I have a NFL Blitz 99 4 player that I belive was converted from an
    > original blitz 25" The monitor is a wells garnder, but I can't tell
    > which model.
    >
    > Does anyone know what model was commonly installed in these games? The
    > colors are weak, so I presume it needs a cap kit installed.
    >
    > Also on that note, where is a good source for a cap kit for this
    > monitor? I've never installed a cap kit before, but removed and
    > installed several chasis, so I think I'm ready to try this out.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Ryan

    And weak colors on newer Wells CRT's usually means the tube is going south.
    A rejuvenator can help in the short term but be ready to buy a new monitor
    for the game.

    Matt

    "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > ahh... you're going to have to find the chasis model number...
    >
    > Blitz can run in either standard or medium res...
    >
    > to top things off, someone could have swapped monitors before they sold
    > the machine (e.g. swapped in a cheaper std. res monitor for an existing
    > med. res one).
    >
    > try bob roberts chasis identification page.
    >
    > "MercCat" <marilyn_ryan@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >> Good day all!
    >>
    >> I have a NFL Blitz 99 4 player that I belive was converted from an
    >> original blitz 25" The monitor is a wells garnder, but I can't tell
    >> which model.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what model was commonly installed in these games? The
    >> colors are weak, so I presume it needs a cap kit installed.
    >>
    >> Also on that note, where is a good source for a cap kit for this
    >> monitor? I've never installed a cap kit before, but removed and
    >> installed several chasis, so I think I'm ready to try this out.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> -Ryan

    Good Idea! I'll give that a try before continuing. If I don't have
    any luck with that then I'll take the chasis down to a local TV repair
    shop and have them take a look.

Games Video Monitors Video Games