go7 v-hold won't lock

I have changed all the transistors related to this, changed the pot
still can't get it to lock. All the pcb connections are good to the
monitor everything reflowed. picture looks great it's been caped. The
weird thing is that it seems like all the controls effect the v-hold.
Thanks!
~eric

Remember that some of these chassis got out of the factory with some of
the incorrect resistors installed in the sync circuit. Resistors R314
and R317 should both be 390 ohms 1/4 watt.

These have the correct values as well.
Thanks!
~eric

I had a similar situation with a wg 4600 series monitor. I swapped
chassis with a known working one and that did not help. Swapped with
a known working pcb and it solved the problem. Now I know I have to
replace some components on the pcb.

On 19 Jul 2005 15:28:15 -0700, lenscape@hotmail.com wrote:

>I have changed all the transistors related to this, changed the pot
>still can't get it to lock. All the pcb connections are good to the
>monitor everything reflowed. picture looks great it's been caped. The
>weird thing is that it seems like all the controls effect the v-hold.
>Thanks!
>~eric

Yeah, it was the pcb, it worked fine before I removed the monitor and
put in a cap kit so I don't know what happend to it, maybe the previous
owner very carefully got it to lock but I don't know how he did it.
Thanks for the suggestion I was thinking about it since everything was
checking out ok but the friggen thing was working before it was
unplugged. sheesh!
Thanks!
~eric

Try it with a different PCB...

<lenscape@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have changed all the transistors related to this, changed the pot
> still can't get it to lock. All the pcb connections are good to the
> monitor everything reflowed. picture looks great it's been caped. The
> weird thing is that it seems like all the controls effect the v-hold.
> Thanks!
> ~eric

Cracked solder joint on the V-sync input?

Alex (who hates monitors more than normal at the moment)
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com