cannot find the specified file

June 9, 2005 4:32:06 AM

I copy about a dozen files to my USB memory device, and then take them home
to my home computer. My USB device will not find one particular file. It
gives the message: "cannot copy {filename}: cannot find the specified file.
Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." All other files copy
fine. This one copies to zip disks and copies fine from my home computer.
Moreover, after I try to copy and open it on the USB device, the device goes
totally blank. Nothing shows. It won't refresh. But if I pull it out of the
USB port and in again, the files all reappear. This seems very strange to me.
Gyontef

More about : find file

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:52:15 AM

Sounds like the copy was corrupt. Not really much you can do besides doing a
new copy from the source.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/