Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Amusing transfer rumours

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:07:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Just a few going about, as you may have noticed. Not strictly CM/FM related
but who cares. Awards for the best rumours which you've actually heard. My
favourites are;

Robinho - Arsenal,
Sean Wright-Phillips - Liverpool,
Bradley Wright-Phillips- Arsenal,
Joaquin - Liverpool,
Adriano - Chelsea (Never gunna happen),
Figo - Man Utd,
Eto'o - Chelsea/Arsenal,
Ronaldinho - Chelsea,
Beckham - Arsenal,
Owen - Chelsea,
Alan Smith - Celtic.

Although my personal favourite is;

Henry - Barcelona (Ha ha ha ha ha)

To be honest I'll eat my hat if any of these go ahead (As much as I'd love
to see Robinho at Arsenal)
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:12:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Nick Marstin" <nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:k6Jpe.17654$bl3.11954@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Just a few going about, as you may have noticed. Not strictly CM/FM
> related
> but who cares. Awards for the best rumours which you've actually heard. My
> favourites are;
>
> Robinho - Arsenal,
> Sean Wright-Phillips - Liverpool,
> Bradley Wright-Phillips- Arsenal,
> Joaquin - Liverpool,
> Adriano - Chelsea (Never gunna happen),
> Figo - Man Utd,
> Eto'o - Chelsea/Arsenal,
> Ronaldinho - Chelsea,
> Beckham - Arsenal,
> Owen - Chelsea,
> Alan Smith - Celtic.
>
> Although my personal favourite is;
>
> Henry - Barcelona (Ha ha ha ha ha)
>
> To be honest I'll eat my hat if any of these go ahead (As much as I'd love
> to see Robinho at Arsenal)
>
>

What sort of hat is it?
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:18:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:12:54 GMT, "Dr Evil"
<twelveinchnob@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>
>"Nick Marstin" <nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:k6Jpe.17654$bl3.11954@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> Just a few going about, as you may have noticed. Not strictly CM/FM
>> related
>> but who cares. Awards for the best rumours which you've actually heard. My
>> favourites are;
>>
>> Robinho - Arsenal,
>> Sean Wright-Phillips - Liverpool,
>> Bradley Wright-Phillips- Arsenal,
>> Joaquin - Liverpool,
>> Adriano - Chelsea (Never gunna happen),
>> Figo - Man Utd,
>> Eto'o - Chelsea/Arsenal,
>> Ronaldinho - Chelsea,
>> Beckham - Arsenal,
>> Owen - Chelsea,
>> Alan Smith - Celtic.
>>
>> Although my personal favourite is;
>>
>> Henry - Barcelona (Ha ha ha ha ha)
>>
>> To be honest I'll eat my hat if any of these go ahead (As much as I'd love
>> to see Robinho at Arsenal)
>>
>>
>
>What sort of hat is it?
>
a tasty one, one would hope.

god help him if its made of liver and sprouts.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:p T, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:25:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick Marstin wrote:
> Just a few going about, as you may have noticed. Not strictly CM/FM related but who cares. Awards for the best rumours which you've actually heard.

So far West Ham have been linked with Ian Harte (Levante), Albert Celades
(Real Madrid), Sergi Barjuan (Atletico Madrid), Grzegorz Rasiak (Derby), Lee
Bowyer (Newcastle), Kelvin Davis (Ipswich) and the most laughable of
all.....wait for it.....Fabien Barthez (Marseille).

Since then, Sergi Barjuan has announced his retirement and Ian Harte appears
reluctant to leave Levante, or take a pay cut. I'm sure Celades will have
better offers than West Ham, and I'd rather see Bywater between the sticks
than that nutter Barthez. That leaves us with Rasiak and Davis, both of
whom I was impressed by when then played against us. I've left the worst
until last.....Lee Bowyer. I'd rather not see that twat pull on a West Ham
shirt again, it was bad enough the first time. Unfortunately, Mark Noble is
his cousin, and he might like the idea of returning to London. Hopefully,
someone else will offer him a better deal.

It also looks like new contracts are being offered to Teddy Sheringham,
Tomas Repka, Shaun Newton and Chris Powell, with Matthew Etherington having
his extended. And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:59:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:12:54 GMT, Dr Evil wrote:

> "Nick Marstin" <nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:k6Jpe.17654$bl3.11954@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> Just a few going about, as you may have noticed. Not strictly CM/FM
>> related
>> but who cares. Awards for the best rumours which you've actually heard. My
>> favourites are;
>>
>> Robinho - Arsenal,
>> Sean Wright-Phillips - Liverpool,
>> Bradley Wright-Phillips- Arsenal,
>> Joaquin - Liverpool,
>> Adriano - Chelsea (Never gunna happen),
>> Figo - Man Utd,
>> Eto'o - Chelsea/Arsenal,
>> Ronaldinho - Chelsea,
>> Beckham - Arsenal,
>> Owen - Chelsea,
>> Alan Smith - Celtic.
>>
>> Although my personal favourite is;
>>
>> Henry - Barcelona (Ha ha ha ha ha)
>>
>> To be honest I'll eat my hat if any of these go ahead (As much as I'd love
>> to see Robinho at Arsenal)
>>
>>
>
> What sort of hat is it?


He's just come from Brighton, good chance it's of a pink variety.

--
- / - Daniel - / -
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:59:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 00:25:59 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

>And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.

What a strange way to go full circle.


--
- / - Daniel - / -
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:06:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>
> What a strange way to go full circle.

A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:02:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:06:12 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>>
>> What a strange way to go full circle.
>
> A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.

Looking back, the writing was on the wall the minute he became a Spurs
player.


--
- / - Daniel - / -
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:27:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>>
>> What a strange way to go full circle.
>
> A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.

I dunno, West Ham to Dynamo isn't a backward step.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:06:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Daniel Marsh wrote:
>>>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>>>
>>> What a strange way to go full circle.
>>>
>> A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.
>>
> Looking back, the writing was on the wall the minute he became a Spurs player.

Isn't it always?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:10:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Marc Robbins wrote:
>>>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>>>
>>> What a strange way to go full circle.
>>>
>> A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.
>>
> I dunno, West Ham to Dynamo isn't a backward step.

It is in my opinion. Having got promoted to the Premiership, he wasn't
considered good enough to be offered a new contract. And yet Chris Powell
and Shaun Newton were. He wasted quite a few years of his career at Spurs,
Fenerbache and West Ham, and finds himself right back were he started. And
I'm pretty sure that he won't be guaranteed a regular place.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:45:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:06:48 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>>>>> And Sergei Rebrov has returned to Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer.
>>>>>
>>>> What a strange way to go full circle.
>>>>
>>> A spiraling downhill circle, but a circle nonetheless.
>>>
>> Looking back, the writing was on the wall the minute he became a Spurs player.
>
> Isn't it always?


Not a coincidence I don't think.


--
- / - Daniel - / -
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:13:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:07:28 GMT, "Nick Marstin"
<nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Alan Smith - Celtic.

Alan Smith is a known Rangers fan, hopefully he'd consider us before
"Selik".

Another rumour is Quashie to Rangers. Hope that one comes out right
too, he's a decent player.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:50:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Marc Robbins wrote:
> > I dunno, West Ham to Dynamo isn't a backward step.
>
> It is in my opinion. Having got promoted to the Premiership, he wasn't
> considered good enough to be offered a new contract.

He says he was offered a new contract but chose to leave to try and get
back to the old level and earn a place in the national team.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:49:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> That's not the version I read, and in all honesty, I don't think his
> performances this season deserved a new contract.

I have read more or less everything about Rebrov in the past few weeks
but I don't think the club has actually presented any version of his
departure. The official site has been completely silent as if the whole
thing had been something of an embarrassment.

So if you have indeed read the club's version please let me know.

Rebrov on the other hand has given two interviews since his departure
and in both he said West Ham did offer him to stay.

It's not up to me to judge whether his performances have deserved a new
contract. Anyway almost all of his 26 appearances were out of position.
I think he has played only one full game as a striker (against
Watford).

All in all I think the move is a good one and a step up for Rebrov - a
chance to resurrect his career and play again in the Champions League.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:33:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

hadbroth@netscape.net wrote:
>> It is in my opinion. Having got promoted to the Premiership, he wasn't considered good enough to be offered a new contract.
>>
> He says he was offered a new contract but chose to leave to try and get back to the old level and earn a place in the national team.

That's not the version I read, and in all honesty, I don't think his
performances this season deserved a new contract.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 8:03:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> I've already mentioned that
> Repka, Sheringham, Newton and Powell were due to be offered new contracts.
> Now why would that information be available, and the contract offered to
> Rebrov be a complete secret?

They were not. Not at the time of Rebrov's departure. There was nothing
official on new contracts at that time.

> I can't find anything that specifically says he wasn't offered a new
> contract, but reading between the lines I'd say he wasn't.

Reading between the lines of what? Do you have any links that I can
read? I have not seen anything on Rebrov at the official site since the
news that he had recovered from injury to score two goals for the
reserves, which I think was in April.

> I'd say Rebrov is lying through his teeth to save face.

There's always that possibility I guess. However how do you explain
Dynamo president's words when Rebrov was already in Kiev that nothing
had been decided as they were still talking to West Ham?

> He was brought in to play right wing, and provide some competition for Luke
> Chadwick.

How was it possible if he signed before Chadwick?

> In fact, I don't think he has played as
> a striker since his days at Dynamo Kiev.

I don't think he has played much at all since his days at Dynamo Kiev.

He played as a striker in the first season with Tottenham (not that bad
a season).

> Again, I disagree. *If* he was offered a new contract, he had an
> opportunity to play in the Premiership, which is surely better than the
> Ukrainian league.

Fair enough although from where he stood it looked like the opporunity
would be to play five minutes on the right wing every now and then.

> I sincerely doubt he will be guaranteed a place in the
> team, and thus might not even get the chance to play in the Champions
> League.

He won't. Surely it is more difficult to earn a place in the team at
Dynamo than it is at West Ham. The difference *might* be that at Dynamo
they think he is a striker, not a winger. The two goals in his first
game a few days ago did no harm.

> Seems like he was happy to slink off back to Kiev, where he can
> maybe live off past glories.

You seem to imply that Dynamo is some sort of a retirement home.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:09:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

hadbroth@netscape.net wrote:
> I have read more or less everything about Rebrov in the past few weeks but I don't think the club has actually presented any version of his
> departure. The official site has been completely silent as if the whole thing had been something of an embarrassment.

Surely that tells you all you need to know. I've already mentioned that
Repka, Sheringham, Newton and Powell were due to be offered new contracts.
Now why would that information be available, and the contract offered to
Rebrov be a complete secret?

> So if you have indeed read the club's version please let me know.

I can't find anything that specifically says he wasn't offered a new
contract, but reading between the lines I'd say he wasn't.

> Rebrov on the other hand has given two interviews since his departure and in both he said West Ham did offer him to stay.

I'd say Rebrov is lying through his teeth to save face.

> It's not up to me to judge whether his performances have deserved a new contract. Anyway almost all of his 26 appearances were out of position.
> I think he has played only one full game as a striker (against Watford).

He was brought in to play right wing, and provide some competition for Luke
Chadwick. He also played right wing on his season long loan to Fenerbache,
and helped them to win the league. In fact, I don't think he has played as
a striker since his days at Dynamo Kiev.

> All in all I think the move is a good one and a step up for Rebrov - a chance to resurrect his career and play again in the Champions League.

Again, I disagree. *If* he was offered a new contract, he had an
opportunity to play in the Premiership, which is surely better than the
Ukrainian league. I sincerely doubt he will be guaranteed a place in the
team, and thus might not even get the chance to play in the Champions
League. Seems like he was happy to slink off back to Kiev, where he can
maybe live off past glories.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:36:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

hadbroth@netscape.net wrote:
> They were not. Not at the time of Rebrov's departure. There was nothing official on new contracts at that time.

3rd June
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=28238...

7th June
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=28290...

> Reading between the lines of what? Do you have any links that I can read? I have not seen anything on Rebrov at the official site since the
> news that he had recovered from injury to score two goals for the reserves, which I think was in April.

Reading between the lines of all the other contract offers being announced,
and this one not. Now do you have any links from people other than Sergei
Rebrov, that state a new contract was offered?

> There's always that possibility I guess. However how do you explain Dynamo president's words when Rebrov was already in Kiev that nothing
> had been decided as they were still talking to West Ham?

The fact that he was back in Kiev training with Dynamo doesn't tell you
anything? Telling a club that there are other offers you're considering, is
as old as an Estate Agent telling you there's another buyer for the house
you want. If Rebrov told the President that he was still considering a
contract offer from West Ham, the President is hardly going to scupper the
deal by doubting him in an interview, is he?

> How was it possible if he signed before Chadwick?

They were signed within five days of each other, and I'd imagine both deals
were in progress at the same time. Who signed before who is irrelevant.

> I don't think he has played much at all since his days at Dynamo Kiev.

He's actually managed about 5 appearances a season more than when he was at
Kiev.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1...

> He played as a striker in the first season with Tottenham (not that bad a season).

That's open to debate too.

> Fair enough although from where he stood it looked like the opporunity would be to play five minutes on the right wing every now and then.

He put in 32 appearances for us this season, mostly on the right wing, and
managed the princely sum of 2 goals. In the previous season, it was Marlon
Harewood who was delegated to play out there, and he managed 14 goals.

> He won't. Surely it is more difficult to earn a place in the team at Dynamo than it is at West Ham.

I wouldn't have thought so. He only had Luke Chadwick to compete with.

> The difference *might* be that at Dynamo they think he is a striker, not a winger.

*I* think Marlon Harewood is a striker, but that didn't stop him scoring
goals from the right wing.

> The two goals in his first game a few days ago did no harm.

Colour me unimpressed.

> You seem to imply that Dynamo is some sort of a retirement home.

Perhaps it is for Rebrov.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:44:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> 3rd June
> http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=28238...
>
> 7th June
> http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=28290...

Way off target. Rebrov left for Kiev on June 1 and he had publicly
announced his definite departure before Cardiff.

> Reading between the lines of all the other contract offers being announced,
> and this one not.

As I said above, no contract offers had been announced before Rebrov's
departure.

> Now do you have any links from people other than Sergei
> Rebrov, that state a new contract was offered?

No. That's why I can't be 100% certain that it was. On the other hand,
how come you are so sure a new contract was *not* offered if you have
no links whatsoever, not even from one person?

> Telling a club that there are other offers you're considering, is
> as old as an Estate Agent telling you there's another buyer for the house
> you want.

In the same interview Rebrov said that he had earned enough and would
sign a blank contract with Dynamo, all he wanted was to play for a club
that would give him a proper chance.

> They were signed within five days of each other, and I'd imagine both deals
> were in progress at the same time. Who signed before who is irrelevant.

Here's a quote from Pardew back in August confirming that he had signed
Rebrov as a striker but thought he would be versatile enough to
sometimes play in midfield: "We are going to get a lot more out of
Sergei Rebrov than he showed on Tuesday - but he still displayed
glimpses of his quality. We have *four good strikers* and there will be
times when two of them are sitting on the bench, so it means the two on
the pitch will have to show quality or get replaced. That is the
competition you want at a club like this and yes, Sergei will play down
the middle *as well*."

> He's actually managed about 5 appearances a season more than when he was at
> Kiev.
>
> http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1...

You are kidding me, he has scored more goals for Dynamo than they say
he has played games. Soccerbase is a joke.

> > He played as a striker in the first season with Tottenham (not that bad a season).
>
> That's open to debate too.

Fair enough but let's put things in perspective:

Sergei Rebrov
Player statistics for all Premier League games 2000-2001
Goals: 9
Avg goals/game: 0.31
Appearances: 29
Subs. (on/off): 1/9

Paolo Di Canio
Player statistics for all Premier League games 2000-2001
Goals: 9
Avg goals/game: 0.29
Appearances: 31
Subs. (on/off): 0/3

> He put in 32 appearances for us this season, mostly on the right wing, and
> managed the princely sum of 2 goals. In the previous season, it was Marlon
> Harewood who was delegated to play out there, and he managed 14 goals.

What you are saying is any striker should be versatile enough to be
able to put in great performances on the wing. I'd say it's a debatable
point. Thierry Henry is an example.

> > He won't. Surely it is more difficult to earn a place in the team at Dynamo than it is at West Ham.
>
> I wouldn't have thought so. He only had Luke Chadwick to compete with.

Not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to say Chadwick is a
monster of a player? Or have you perhaps misunderstood mine?

> > The difference *might* be that at Dynamo they think he is a striker, not a winger.
>
> *I* think Marlon Harewood is a striker, but that didn't stop him scoring
> goals from the right wing.

That's your view, I'm not sure the Dynamo coach shares it.

> > The two goals in his first game a few days ago did no harm.
>
> Colour me unimpressed.

Not sure how relevant it is unless you are Dynamo's next coach.

> > You seem to imply that Dynamo is some sort of a retirement home.
>
> Perhaps it is for Rebrov.

It's you who said it, not him.

For your information, Rebrov had taken a lot of stick back home for
signing for Tottenham. Most people believed it was a backward step.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 6:45:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Now what's your interest in this subject. Are you
> Rebrov's agent.....lover.....bastard child?

It's you who I should ask this question. You have managed to escalate a
simple Rebrov quote into a huge Rebrov bashing exercise. Did he sleep
with your girlfriend or something?

> Do you have some sort of condition which prevents you from cutting and
> pasting a link?

I just wasn't sure you didn't have a 'condition' preventing you from
reading Ukrainian (or Russian). In case you don't, here's a few links.

http://www.sport.pravda.com.ua/football/?football-5061-...

http://www.sport.pravda.com.ua/football/?football-50610...

http://www.dynamomania.com/news.php?p=message&id=13938

http://www.dynamomania.com/news.php?p=message&id=13907

http://www.dynamo.kiev.ua/Press/Interv8/rebrov12.htm

http://www.dynamo.kiev.ua/Press/Interv8/rebrov11.htm

http://www.dynamo.kiev.ua/Press/Interv8/rebrov8.htm

I'll translate a few quotes from the last link.

- When did you first think of coming back to Dynamo?

It all started after my second season with Tottenham. I wasn't happy
about sitting on the bench and started talking to Dynamo about a
possibility of bringing me back. Unfortunately, Tottenham's asking
price was too high. Whenever they heard the word 'Dynamo' they doubled
or tripled the price so it was unrealistic. That's why I belonged to
Tottenham for 5 years. At the end of each season I spoke to the Dynamo
president. They tried to negotiate my return but Tottenham were
adamant. Now that I have become a free agent the President has again
approached me and again proposed to return. It has been my dream for
quite some time.

West Ham offered me a new contract, however I had spoken to Dynamo even
before the play-off final and I told West Ham about my intentions,
irrespective of the result in Cardiff. I have realised that the English
league is not the right league for me.

- You don't think that your return is a step back, do you?

Absolutely not. Dynamo always were and are one of the best clubs in
Europe.

- Do you want to finish your career here?

I think so. The president has offered me a break-out clause so that I
could leave if I had an interesting offer. I immediately told him that
I did not want to leave.

- Did you have other offers?

Yes, from clubs in England. However, I made my mind about a month ago
when the President flew to England for talks. I want to play the
football I used to play.

- What went wrong at West Ham?

The coach initially put me in midfield and when other strikers started
to score he had no reason to change anything. I tried to do what he
asked me to. I played only 3 or 4 games as a striker. Generally, the
style of the Championship is a bit unusual, different from the one I
was used to. Perhaps it was one of the reasons. Anyway, I helped West
Ham as much as I could. After the last game the fans were asking me
whether I would stay. At least those who I spoke to very much wanted me
to stay.

- When will you sign a contract?

You need to ask the President. The problem is my contract with West
Ham, which runs out at the end of June. I had to ask for their
permission to sign for Dynamo early.

- You have said that money is not important, haven't you?

Yes. I told the President that I would sign whatever contract he
offered. Of course it is an important aspect but more importantly I
want to play football again.

If you have other quotes do post them here. Otherwise I'm a bit tired
of the "I have no dount Rebrov has not been offered a contract because
*I* think he did not deserve it" thing.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:57:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On the 8 Jun 2005, "Nick Marstin" <nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

> Although my personal favourite is;
>
> Henry - Barcelona (Ha ha ha ha ha)

My two favourite Sunderland rumours are:-

Lee Clark - he'd be thrown off Wearmouth Bridge just after Murray and
McCarthy.

Kevin Phillips - they say "never go back" for a reason.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 10:57:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

hadbroth@netscape.net wrote:
>> Now what's your interest in this subject. Are you Rebrov's agent.....lover.....bastard child?
>>
> It's you who I should ask this question. You have managed to escalate a simple Rebrov quote into a huge Rebrov bashing exercise. Did he sleep
> with your girlfriend or something?

Rebrov bashing exercise? I don't often use words like "a player of Rebrov's
calibre" for players I don't rate. And as I've already pointed out, I'm not
prepared to take his word for it that a new contract was offered. And you
can't provide any independent proof that there was.

>> Do you have some sort of condition which prevents you from cutting and pasting a link?
>>
> I just wasn't sure you didn't have a 'condition' preventing you from reading Ukrainian (or Russian). In case you don't, here's a few links.

Ah, now I get it. You're of Ukrainian extraction, and can't accept that
Rebrov's best years are gone or that someone would suggest he's not the
player he once was.

> If you have other quotes do post them here. Otherwise I'm a bit tired of the "I have no dount Rebrov has not been offered a contract because
> *I* think he did not deserve it" thing.

You have a fundamental flaw when arguing/debating, you make stuff up. I
said that he didn't deserve a new contract based on his performances this
season. I did not say what you wrote above. I did provide an independent
article from Eurosport which supports my argument. Here it is again, seeing
as you decided to snip it out of your reply and completely ignore its contents:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s22/e7600/s...

I have also provided links to other articles, which show that all new West
Ham contract offers were made public. Rebrov is not amongst those names.
That is how arguments/debates work. You provide independent evidence to
support your claims, or you get to look like a complete idiot.

I suggest you check out the alt.fan.hank.campbell newsgroup, as he'd be much
more suited to your arguing/debating level.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:59:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> And as I've already pointed out, I'm not
> prepared to take his word for it that a new contract was offered.

Neither am I but it's the only information I have so far.

> Ah, now I get it. You're of Ukrainian extraction,

I am not "of Ukrainian extraction", I am Ukrainian.

and can't accept that
> Rebrov's best years are gone or that someone would suggest he's not the
> player he once was.

Not true. I am trying to get some idea as to what player he is and
share some information along the way. The defference between you and me
is that I don't get to see the Championship and so I am very attentive
to facts because it's the only way for me to learn anything about
Rebrov. You on the other hand have been watching him week in and week
out and have allowed your opinion to stand in the way of the facts.

> You have a fundamental flaw when arguing/debating, you make stuff up.

I don't.

I
> said that he didn't deserve a new contract based on his performances this
> season. I did not say what you wrote above. I did provide an independent
> article from Eurosport which supports my argument. Here it is again, seeing
> as you decided to snip it out of your reply and completely ignore its contents:
>
> http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s22/e7600/s...

It's easy to see why I ignored it. It says "Rebrov was not considered
part of the London side's future plans." The only thing I can conclude
from it is that somebody did not consider Rebrov "part of the London
side's future plans" - not sure who and on what basis. Could it have
been the Reuters journalist on the basis of not having been impressed
with Rebrov over the season or perhaps Stephen Weir on the basis of not
having anything better to do on a Saturday than stare at a computer
screen and bark at newsgroup contributors whose opinion he doesn't
like?

>
> I have also provided links to other articles, which show that all new West
> Ham contract offers were made public. Rebrov is not amongst those names.
> That is how arguments/debates work. You provide independent evidence to
> support your claims, or you get to look like a complete idiot.

It must be a good sign that West Ham's announcement of contract offers
did not include a player who had publicly announced his definite
departure and had indeed departed. I'd be worried for Alan Pardew if it
did.

>
> I suggest you check out the alt.fan.hank.campbell newsgroup, as he'd be much
> more suited to your arguing/debating level.

In the heat of your battle you have failed to notice that you have been
fighting windmills. I haven't made claims about Rebrov's contract, I
have provided information about what Rebrov has said. I'd be very
pleased to have it confirmed or disproved. And with my bad luck all I
find is somebody who cannot tell a fact from a journalist's speculation
and who argues with Rebrov's *claim of a fact* on the basis of his own
*belief*.

"The logical fallacy of appeal to belief is committed when an argument
infers the truth (or plausibility) of a proposition merely from the
fact that it is widely believed."

Get a life, don't bother responding if you don't have any useful facts
to add.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:05:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:
> And as I've already pointed out, I'm not
> prepared to take his word for it that a new contract was offered.

Neither am I but it's the only information I have so far.

> Ah, now I get it. You're of Ukrainian extraction,

I am not "of Ukrainian extraction", I am Ukrainian.

> and can't accept that
> Rebrov's best years are gone or that someone would suggest he's not the
> player he once was.

Not true. I am trying to get some idea as to what player he is and
share some information along the way. The defference between you and me
is that I don't get to see the Championship and so I am very attentive
to facts because it's the only way for me to learn anything about
Rebrov. You on the other hand have been watching him week in and week
out and have allowed your opinion to stand in the way of the facts.

> You have a fundamental flaw when arguing/debating, you make stuff up.

I don't.

> I
> said that he didn't deserve a new contract based on his performances this
> season. I did not say what you wrote above. I did provide an independent
> article from Eurosport which supports my argument. Here it is again, seeing
> as you decided to snip it out of your reply and completely ignore its contents:
>
> http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s22/e7600/s...

It's easy to see why I ignored it. It says "Rebrov was not considered
part of the London side's future plans." The only thing I can conclude
from it is that somebody did not consider Rebrov "part of the London
side's future plans" - not sure who and on what basis. Could it have
been the Reuters journalist on the basis of not having been impressed
with Rebrov over the season or perhaps Stephen Weir on the basis of not
having anything better to do on a Saturday than stare at a computer
screen and bark at newsgroup contributors whose opinion he doesn't
like?

>
> I have also provided links to other articles, which show that all new West
> Ham contract offers were made public. Rebrov is not amongst those names.
> That is how arguments/debates work. You provide independent evidence to
> support your claims, or you get to look like a complete idiot.

It must be a good sign that West Ham's announcement of contract offers
did not include a player who had publicly announced his definite
departure and had indeed departed. I'd be worried for Alan Pardew if it
did.

>
> I suggest you check out the alt.fan.hank.campbell newsgroup, as he'd be much
> more suited to your arguing/debating level.

In the heat of your battle you have failed to notice that you have been
fighting windmills. I haven't made claims about Rebrov's contract, I
have provided information about what Rebrov has said. I'd be very
pleased to have it confirmed or disproved. And with my bad luck all I
find is somebody who cannot tell a fact from a journalist's speculation
and who argues with Rebrov's *claim of a fact* on the basis of his own
*belief*.

"The logical fallacy of appeal to belief is committed when an argument
infers the truth (or plausibility) of a proposition merely from the
fact that it is widely believed."

Get a life, don't bother responding if you don't have any useful facts
to add.
!