City FIDO Questions

Have any City FIDO customers switched plans and gone to Rogers on the
two year? What are the pros and cons?

Also, does anyone have feedback on the Sony-Ericsson 610? I called FIDO
about replacing my old Nokia 8390 and the C/S rep said I could have the
610 for $75 if I signed up for the Roger's 2-year plan. I've been a
FIDO customer since the beginning.

Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bellmobility,alt.cellular.clearnet,alt.cellular.fido,alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

I got the Nokia 3100 to replace my Nokia 8390 for $25 CDN if I locked in my
City Fido at $40 including system access fee for 24 months.

I was thinking of switching to Bell or Rogers for their 700 mins plan for
$45 plus system access fee but a locked in for 36 months. So right now I got
the best deal for me in Vancouver.

But no company would let my transfer my number over (like in the USA and
City Fido did).

So I decided to keep City Fido and let my Bell expire in Feb 2005.

Then if I need to roam, I will get a 200 min for $20 added to my 2nd SIM
card. I have Fido Data unlimited for $50/month. Which includes roam on the
Rogers network until Feb. 2005.