What is the path the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer??

June 9, 2005 9:17:50 AM

Using XP Home, SP2.

After installiation of Office 2003, the default program for viewing .TIF
images unexpectedyly changed from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to MS
Office Document Imaging.

I know how to change the program association...but searches using
obvious file names/locations for the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
name/location were unsuccesful.

Can anybody tell me what it's called and where it resides?

Thanks
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 9:28:40 AM

D.L. wrote:
> Using XP Home, SP2.
>
> After installiation of Office 2003, the default program for viewing .TIF
> images unexpectedyly changed from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to MS
> Office Document Imaging.
>
> I know how to change the program association...but searches using
> obvious file names/locations for the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
> name/location were unsuccesful.
>

> Can anybody tell me what it's called and where it resides?
>
> Thanks

Disregard: The Windows Picture and Fax viewer was actually visible as an
option in the context menu for the program type to associate with .tif
files....
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:45:38 AM

As a means of further information, the viewer is not an executable in and of
itself, but rather is a function of the shimgvw.dll file as executed by
rundll32.exe.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/