Sign in with
Your question

nividia taking for ever to make new drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 2, 2005 12:42:15 PM

Why is it like taking for ever for new drivers from nvidia to come out?
March 2, 2005 3:46:54 PM

Betas get leaked like every week and they are very stable and don't void your warranty. Look for 75.90's.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
March 2, 2005 9:12:30 PM

New beta out today 71.84. supposed to be really good. Will download tonite.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 2, 2005 10:32:52 PM

Forget the 71.xx, like Vapor said grab the 75.90s lots fixes and performance boosts in those according to release notes (not that it'd matter much to my laptop :lol:  ).

Heck you can get the moded XtremeG ones from Guru3D, they've been out for a while;

<A HREF="http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1002" target="_new">http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1002&lt;/A>

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 2, 2005 10:37:10 PM

In 2003 nVidia said they were going to start moving to annual driver releases, so it could be ALOT worse. The main issue IMO is WHQL certification, nV has trouble with that (they have some features that don't meet certification [as does ATI] and they would have to make them optional [easier for ATI than nV because nV's are somewhat more integral and ATI's are more feature-like {temporal AA, etc}]) also it costs them money to certify so that's a disincentive. I think that when nV released their first few GF6 drivers without WHQL certification they got a few grumbles and darts, and so now they release the Betas for gamers and the WHQL for everyone else.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
March 3, 2005 6:43:17 AM

Yeah there are a lot of drivers out there. I have been using the 71.20's. Great iq and no pee water in half life 2. have not tried the 75.90's> I heard some people talking about temp reading problems with those.

Also on a side note somebody in a forum said threr is no difference between xg drivers and regular beta's is that true?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rumcooler on 03/03/05 03:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 3, 2005 8:19:27 AM

The temp issue is in the release notes, check the XG link;

<A HREF="http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1002" target="_new">"Known Issues:
-Incorrect Temperature Reading from some Geforce 6 Cards."</A>

I wouldn't notice a difference on my laptop that's for sure.

And just like that it may be like some people who don't experience benifits it's because they are geared towards other cards/games than the ones they use.

March 3, 2005 2:12:23 PM

I'll give them a try and see. Thanks for the info.
March 3, 2005 7:25:55 PM

Thanks, always do :smile: . Been using dc pro works very well.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rumcooler on 03/03/05 04:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
!