my pictures folder

hi, when l put pictures in My Picture folder it also appears in desktop, as a
picture. So all my photos are ending up in the desktop. if l put then in My
Documents they are ok. If l delete them out of My Pictures they also go out
of desktop. All l wanted to do was down load a picture of saturn for my
desktop.help,help,help please
1 answer Last reply
More about pictures folder

    This is normal. The pictures listed in the My Pictures folder are reflected
    in the Display Properties, Background tab. There is no consistent way to
    prevent My Pictures folder from being enumerated.

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "doreen" <doreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, when l put pictures in My Picture folder it also appears in desktop,
    > as a
    > picture. So all my photos are ending up in the desktop. if l put then in
    > My
    > Documents they are ok. If l delete them out of My Pictures they also go
    > out
    > of desktop. All l wanted to do was down load a picture of saturn for my
    > desktop.help,help,help please

Support Desktops Microsoft Windows XP