Tube swap - Sylvania 19VLGP22

Decided I'd give a go at a TV to G07 tube swap project
tonight, but need a little advice. The original TV
is from 1980 is looks a lot like early G07 tubes with
the degausing coil attached to that brown metal "mask"
that covered most of the back of the tube.

- The Tube is model 19VLGP22, made by Sylvania

I've googled this in RGVAC, but didn't find that exact
#. Can anyone confirm this is compatible or not. The
dead (smashed neck) G07 tube has 9 pins and just a few
minutes ago I noticed the Sylvania has 10 pins.

I measured the ohms on this monitor quite some time
ago, and I believe it was high, but don't quote me on
that (I think I need to go check again...).

Scott C.

I forgot to add that the Sylvania tube is a typical
19V19 style tube and the G07 (this is a 19", of course)
neck board does fit onto the Sylvania tube.

Scott C.

Scott Caldwell wrote:
> Decided I'd give a go at a TV to G07 tube swap project
> tonight, but need a little advice. The original TV
> is from 1980 is looks a lot like early G07 tubes with
> the degausing coil attached to that brown metal "mask"
> that covered most of the back of the tube.
>
> - The Tube is model 19VLGP22, made by Sylvania
>
> I've googled this in RGVAC, but didn't find that exact
> #. Can anyone confirm this is compatible or not. The
> dead (smashed neck) G07 tube has 9 pins and just a few
> minutes ago I noticed the Sylvania has 10 pins.
>
> I measured the ohms on this monitor quite some time
> ago, and I believe it was high, but don't quote me on
> that (I think I need to go check again...).
>
> Scott C.

Well, I was hoping to get some RGVAC feedback, but since
I didn't, I spoke to someone else and decided to put a
tested, working G07 chassis on this tube. It does work,
but the image is too wide. I'm trying to figure out how
to fix that now, but figured I should reply to my own
post, so future readers searching for this would find
this answer.

Scott C.

Scott Caldwell wrote:
> I forgot to add that the Sylvania tube is a typical
> 19V19 style tube and the G07 (this is a 19", of course)
> neck board does fit onto the Sylvania tube.
>
> Scott C.
>
> Scott Caldwell wrote:
>
>> Decided I'd give a go at a TV to G07 tube swap project
>> tonight, but need a little advice. The original TV
>> is from 1980 is looks a lot like early G07 tubes with
>> the degausing coil attached to that brown metal "mask"
>> that covered most of the back of the tube.
>>
>> - The Tube is model 19VLGP22, made by Sylvania
>>
>> I've googled this in RGVAC, but didn't find that exact
>> #. Can anyone confirm this is compatible or not. The
>> dead (smashed neck) G07 tube has 9 pins and just a few
>> minutes ago I noticed the Sylvania has 10 pins.
>>
>> I measured the ohms on this monitor quite some time
>> ago, and I believe it was high, but don't quote me on
>> that (I think I need to go check again...).
>>
>> Scott C.

Scott,
I have noticed too how slow it has been. I did a tube swap for the first
time last week and it came out great, but I changed the yoke also did you
change the yoke with the tube or did you keep the old yoke in place?

"Scott Caldwell" <lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote in message
> Decided I'd give a go at a TV to G07 tube swap project
> tonight, but need a little advice. The original TV
> is from 1980 is looks a lot like early G07 tubes with
> the degausing coil attached to that brown metal "mask"
> that covered most of the back of the tube.
>
> - The Tube is model 19VLGP22, made by Sylvania
>
> I've googled this in RGVAC, but didn't find that exact
> #. Can anyone confirm this is compatible or not. The
> dead (smashed neck) G07 tube has 9 pins and just a few
> minutes ago I noticed the Sylvania has 10 pins.
>
> I measured the ohms on this monitor quite some time
> ago, and I believe it was high, but don't quote me on
> that (I think I need to go check again...).
>
> Scott C.

I measured the yokes and found the were fairly close
(don't recall if it was high or low, but at the time
they matched close enough), so I kept the original
TV yoke. Unfortunately, I don't have another G07
yoke to install (the G07 I compared to was a complete
working monitor) and the metal frame and chassis came
from elsewhere, so I kind of built this G07 monitor
from parts.

Scott C.