Bent CPO Overlay in shipping?? (small box)

Hey guys,

I received a digest e-mail in my in-box and I saw someone who was
upset about a bent control panel overlay. I can't seem to find the
message on this site so I can respond directly to it. But I just
thought I would share my opinion on how to fix this in case he can't
return it.

As long as the plastic doesn't have an actual crease in it, you can
probably set it out in the hot sun. It should warm up enough that the
plastic overlay will refert to it's flat form.

At least enough so that when you glue it or stick it on, it'll remain
flat.

Hope that helps....

Todd

Thanks for the advise.

Actually, I didn't know if I was going to glue it on or not. I thought
that I would put some plexi over it and the buttons and joysticks would
hold it in place good. That way I wouldn't risk messing it up.

They got in me and are sending a replacement one ASAP. They even said
that it should of been put in a box, not a folded box. But their
shipper likes to ship things as close to the size, of the item, as
possible.

We'll see.

-Tim

Got the new CPO, packaged much better (still flat, but double boxed,
really strong) and it looks great.
-Tim