2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Preferably 15.6 or smaller. But open to bigger ones too
3. What screen resolution do you want? Doent really matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I have a good gaming rig at home. This is for portability and travel
5. How much battery life do you need? Not Important
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? yes I will. Low/medium settings fine with me. I suppose skyrim will be the most intensive game I might play on it. But as of now it will be borderlands 2. Mass effect 3. Possibly guild wars 2 or diablo 3
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Web browsing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not important. I'll be installing a 128 SSD shortly after purchase
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
New egg. Amazon. Tiger direct
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Until it dies or becomes terribly outdated
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not important
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not important. Given the price range it likely be Acer. Lenovo or toshiba
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm leaning towards cheap cheap cheap. But if its not worth it for my needs I'm willing to up the money a little.
I need this for a tdy trip to Florida in December and I'll be there for 4 weeks. And other trips in the future. And I'm not gonna pack in my gigantic gaming tower on the trip so I need a laptop to get my fix while I'm on the other side of the country.
As far as what I want I'm leaning towards amd apu CPU's. Newegg has an Acer with an a6 3420m in it for 379.99 and I'm not sure if that will be sufficient for my needs. Now if its not enough new egg also has one with an i5 and a 630m for about $650. (Sorry about no links. I'm going this from my phone at work and I'll edit it when I get home)
I'm trying to keep this cheap as possible. Let me know what you all think and if you have better suggestions please let me know. I plan to buy this in about a month