Damaged XP program

I'd intended to send this querry to Dell Tech Support, but can't find a link!

Windows XP Home/Dell 8100 Laptop

The following "Downloaded Program File" is noted as "Damaged".

{9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F}

It is dependent on 3 Windows XP programs, one of which is also noted as
"Damaged", namely
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UCTL.DLL.

Can I safely delete the "Downloaded Program File"?
How can I repair the damaged SYSTEM32 program?

--
Charly

Charly,

You can remove the Damaged DPF. To reinstall the Windows Update Client
component, see the instructions in the page:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;812956

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell