Pacmania ROMs - Japanese to US Conversion

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to convert Pacmania from the Japanese version to the US
version? Specifically, which ROMs need to be replaced to complete the
conversion, including the chip(s) needed to back up the settings and high
scores?

Also, who here has the ability to burn those chips for me, and how much to
purchase and ship them?

Thanks to all!

You've got mail.

Cheers,
Steph
www.HobbyRoms.com

======

Pac-Man Fever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to convert Pacmania from the Japanese version to the US
> version? Specifically, which ROMs need to be replaced to complete the
> conversion, including the chip(s) needed to back up the settings and high
> scores?
>
> Also, who here has the ability to burn those chips for me, and how much to
> purchase and ship them?
>
> Thanks to all!

AFAIK, Pac-Mania doesn't save high scores....mine doesn't, anyway. Is there
a high score hack/kit or something that would allow for saves?

Greg

"Pac-Man Fever" <pacmanR3M0V3Th1Sfever@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to convert Pacmania from the Japanese version to the
US
> version? Specifically, which ROMs need to be replaced to complete the
> conversion, including the chip(s) needed to back up the settings and high
> scores?
>
> Also, who here has the ability to burn those chips for me, and how much to
> purchase and ship them?
>
> Thanks to all!

Maybe not. I guess I was under the impression that just because it had a
high score table that it actually saved the scores when it was turned off.
The Japanese ROM edition only keeps the one highest score at the top, just
like Pac-Man does.

A high score save kit would be wonderful, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't
be a high demand item. I bought the conversion ROMs from Hobby ROMs, and
I'll post when they are installed so that the information about which ROMs
to replace can be stored on Google for future reference.