BFG false markings.

Check the little blue lable on your bfg card and see if the memory matches. I purchased mine with a lable stating it had 2.2 ns ram.
But guess what it only has 2.8 ns ram on it. Emailed tech support.
(quote)That is horrible, I would advise you to exchange the card at Best Buy, that way they can deal with returning the card to us.(/quote). Since it has been over 60 days no way possible.

I call BFG. After several run arrounds. mail them picks of the card. After 3 I cant do any thing for you calls I finally demanded to speak with a supervisor manager or whoever is in charge.
He proceeds to tell me I dont know what I am talking about. That there is no difference in 2.8 and 2.2 memory performance. So I tell hem to quit lying to me and that I would like to speak to his supervisor.
Next guy tells me They dont put stickers on there cards. They dont publish the speed of memory on the card box or there website. So this makes them not responsible for it having slower memory than stated on the card.They only Install there heatsinks and ship them. they don't manufacture them.

I informed him I would post here and other forums. Also file a complaint with the Better Business Breau. His general response was I'm s h i t out of luck don't bother them with it.
Kind of reminds me of the powercolor fiasco.

So check your card and see if you got screwed too.
After much closer inspection I find it has 2 of these blue stickers . One just slightly off center of the one below. It has the same markings but about a 3 month older manufacturing date. (refurb maybe?????)

I aint signing nothing!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rick_Criswell on 03/03/05 10:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

KCjoker

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
Damn that's BS. This one of the very few bad things I've heard about BFG they're usually one of the better support companies.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If I were you I would post this and some close up shots of the memory on the card and a pic of what it states on the box. It should get plenty of attention.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

What is a good free hosting service. I do not want a lot of traffic hitting our server for this.
But that is exactly what I had planned on doing. I already filed the complaint with the BBB just to start off on the right foot. But that takes 30 days just to get a first responce. If enough people file complaints something could be done . But it would take forever.

I aint signing nothing!!!

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
BFG can be a$$holes, but it is lifetime warranty:D Therefore edit the bios on the card, get it to run at insane VGPU and break the thing, and get them to give you a new one.

What card is it BTW? As far as I know the 6600GT/6800GT/6800Ultra are all using proper ram. Even though I heard some new things over at MVK about their new 6800ultra's using 2.0ns overclocked ram(it's suppose to be 1.6ns)

Free hosting service? I know geocities offers 5mb with a small add on the top right corner, or you can always use your own PC to host.

G

Wow man that is really shady. What a bucnh of cocks. But I like Scottchen's idea :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I'm pretty sure it's still running at the rated 700mhz, but if it's stated on the box that it has 2.2ns modules which are rated for 900mhz, then it should have it. False advertising is an act of a$$holes.

G

Yeah, what is that about? Or should we not ask?

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>

My old sig made me sound like someone with no sense of humor!

Anyway, this is just a song from an album my Dr.Dre. It is just tempory until I think of something better.

<pre>I've actually been convicted of murder, and I'm on death row</pre><p>
:cool:

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I already knew about that. Check the OTHER later tonight, im about to post the first chapter on the conspiracy that has been going on here at THG. Dont worry, ive had you investigated also. You will be included! [/Dr. Evil laugh]

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

G

**Dr Evil laugh**