D-Link DSL-G604T

reece

This product is 802.11g but it's not part of the xtremeG range? It will run
at 54Mbps so using it with DWL-G520's shouldn't be a problem right, I
shouldn't lose any speed. It's the xtremeG bit that's confusing me. Can
anyone help me out?

"Reece" <Reece@Reece.com> wrote in message
> This product is 802.11g but it's not part of the xtremeG range? It will
run
> at 54Mbps so using it with DWL-G520's shouldn't be a problem right, I
> shouldn't lose any speed. It's the xtremeG bit that's confusing me. Can
> anyone help me out?

The D-Link DSL-G604T is an xtremeG (aka 108Mbps) Router/DSL Modem/4 port
switch. The DWL-G650 is an 802.11b 54Mbps wireless PCI adapter card. If you
want a D-Link adapter card that will communicate at 108Mbps, you need the
DWL-AG530. If you only want to commiunicate at 54Mbps or lower, then the
DWL-G650 is fine.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=306

Harryc
--

hairy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

"Harryc" <harryc@invalid.net> wrote in message

> "Reece" <Reece@Reece.com> wrote in message
> > This product is 802.11g but it's not part of the xtremeG range? It will
> run
> > at 54Mbps so using it with DWL-G520's shouldn't be a problem right, I
> > shouldn't lose any speed. It's the xtremeG bit that's confusing me. Can
> > anyone help me out?
> >

> The D-Link DSL-G604T is an xtremeG (aka 108Mbps) Router/DSL Modem/4 port
> switch. The DWL-G650 is an 802.11b 54Mbps wireless PCI adapter card.

Wrong.......The DWL-G650 is an Xtreme G card, capable of 108Mbps.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=11