playing dvds

June 9, 2005 3:27:30 PM

I am having an impossible time getting DVDs played. I have an LG DVD
ROM player and have downloaded and installed a CinePlayer DVD
Decoder. I am still unable to play any DVD. The computer says "no
disc in drive" when there is definitely one physically in the drive,
very frustrating, please help...

More about : playing dvds

June 9, 2005 3:27:31 PM

Open My Computer icon on desktop, then rightclick your DVD-Rom drive
and click Properties>AutoPlay tab and select your action to perform.
Also, DVD - Enable DVD Player in Media Player
This setting allows you to use Microsoft Media Player to Play and Open DVDs.
Start/Run/Regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Settings. Value
Name: EnableDVDUI, Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value), Value Data: yes or no.
Create a new string value called "EnableDVDUI" and set it to "yes" to enable
DVD functionality.

--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"davidc" wrote:

> I am having an impossible time getting DVDs played. I have an LG DVD
> ROM player and have downloaded and installed a CinePlayer DVD
> Decoder. I am still unable to play any DVD. The computer says "no
> disc in drive" when there is definitely one physically in the drive,
> very frustrating, please help...

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:27:52 PM

thanks you very much, i will give it a go.

davc
!