Beware, I Live! (and how I almost didn't)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 20, 2005 6:42:40 PM

Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.

Why?

I got messed up bad.

An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.

Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.

Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
going to be a father now.

Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.

http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

More about : beware live

July 20, 2005 10:15:53 PM

Any pictures of the accident.?
<scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>
> Why?
>
> I got messed up bad.
>
> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>
> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>
> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
> going to be a father now.
>
> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>
> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:37:13 AM

Art,

No one here wants to know what your mom used to do with you after
school. Keep it to yourself.

- Matt
July 21, 2005 2:28:40 AM

Nah, he fell of a big pile of old condom machines :)
"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
> Any pictures of the accident.?
> <scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
>> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
>> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>>

>> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
>> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
>> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
>> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>>
>> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
>> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
>> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>>
>> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
>> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
>> going to be a father now.
>>
>> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>>
>> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:59:44 AM

Heh, didn't we have a thread a couple years ago about "your worst injuries"?

"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
> Any pictures of the accident.?
> <scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
>> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
>> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> I got messed up bad.
>>
>> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
>> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
>> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
>> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>>
>> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
>> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
>> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>>
>> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
>> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
>> going to be a father now.
>>
>> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>>
>> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

July 21, 2005 2:59:45 AM

Yes.That's why i asked if he had any pictures of his.I would put mine up
against anyone on here.I have pictures of all the insane injuries I've had
over the years from the Vending business.It looks like i was in a war.:) .

--

THANKS.MARK,
MARKLINE VENDING

"Rob Carroll" <robert.carroll30@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Heh, didn't we have a thread a couple years ago about "your worst
> injuries"?
>
> "MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
>> Any pictures of the accident.?
>> <scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
>>> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
>>> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>>>
>>> Why?
>>>
>>> I got messed up bad.
>>>
>>> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
>>> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
>>> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
>>> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>>>
>>> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
>>> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
>>> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
>>> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
>>> going to be a father now.
>>>
>>> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>>>
>>> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

July 21, 2005 2:59:45 AM

As bad as it was im sure.You have to admit it does sound funny to think his
feet touched the ground behind his head.:) )).I would have loved to get that
on tape;)
"Rob Carroll" <robert.carroll30@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Heh, didn't we have a thread a couple years ago about "your worst
> injuries"?
>
> "MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
>> Any pictures of the accident.?
>> <scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
>>> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
>>> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>>>
>>> Why?
>>>
>>> I got messed up bad.
>>>
>>> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
>>> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
>>> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
>>> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>>>
>>> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
>>> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
>>> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
>>> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
>>> going to be a father now.
>>>
>>> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>>>
>>> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:41:50 AM

damn.. you are lucky....

general rule of thumb with an adult is if they fall 1.5 x their height you
dispatch a helicopter to have them flown to a trauma center.

<scott@hyperspacearcade.com> wrote in message
> Just a quick hello and heads up to the group. I got an inbox full of
> e-mails that I haven't been able to answer for a couple months.
>
> Why?
>
> I got messed up bad.
>
> An 11 foot fall to the back of your neck will do that, especially when
> your entire body (all 270 pounds of me) folds over your neck, with your
> knees hitting the floor behind your ears. More injuries than I want to
> list here. Was told I'm lucky to be alive.
>
> Figured it'd be quicker to post that here than to e-mail everyone
> waiting in my inbox. I know I owe some people some work and I'm all
> over it. Feelin decent now, though I will probably never be the same.
>
> Thanks for the well wishes from those who did know. Thank god I
> survived, as I found out just last week on top of all this that I'm
> going to be a father now.
>
> Back in business...just give me a few to catch up, folks.
>
> http://www.hyperspacearcade.com

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:23:46 AM

Art
> As bad as it was im sure.You have to admit it does sound funny to think
> his feet touched the ground behind his head.:) )).I would have loved to get
> that on tape;)

I know a girl that can do that :)

Art
July 21, 2005 7:10:54 AM

Wow Art, are you going to let him get away with besmirching your Mother like
that.???????:)
"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message
> Art,
>
> No one here wants to know what your mom used to do with you after
> school. Keep it to yourself.
>
> - Matt

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:01:45 PM

Still have that qbert audio amp heatsink for you, buddy.. ;)

Marcel
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:38:11 PM

> Wow Art, are you going to let him get away with besmirching your Mother
> like that.???????:)
> "Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message
>> Art,
>>
>> No one here wants to know what your mom

He's just all pissed off because he tried to buy a game from me, I held it
for him for 11 days, and he couldnt make up his mind. From the way he acted
you'd think he was looking at financing the Iraq war for a week or 2.
Asslick then proceeded to get really mad when I sold it to the second person
in line, who committed and paid in something like 20 hours.
Then again, from what I read of Matty, I suppose $100 is a lot of dough when
its close to the end of the month and the welfare check is all gone ;)
Art
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 10:42:02 PM

Ballbuster :)