Remote Assistance Won't Connect

I am trying to receive a Remote Assistance from a Novice and I keep
getting the same error message "Remote Assistance connection could not
be established because the remote host name could not be resolved.
Please try again." I have tried using Messenger and E-mail, I have
also disabled Norton Internet Security, both computers are running Win
XP Pro, I have a Netgear RP614 Router and my friend is using a
Wireless E-Tech Router, any help would be most welcome.
Zetor
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance connect

    When this problems arises with me I suually find that the system trying to
    connect with me does not have the box that allows remote access checked.

    Is that set up write on the User's end?

    --
    John C. Harris, MPA
    JCZ Consulting Services, LLC

    On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:43:21 GMT, Zetor <endof@allhope.co.uk> wrote:

    >I am trying to receive a Remote Assistance from a Novice and I keep
    >getting the same error message "Remote Assistance connection could not
    >be established because the remote host name could not be resolved.
    >Please try again." I have tried using Messenger and E-mail, I have
    >also disabled Norton Internet Security, both computers are running Win
    >XP Pro, I have a Netgear RP614 Router and my friend is using a
    >Wireless E-Tech Router, any help would be most welcome.
    >Zetor

    I forgot to mention that I checked previous posts on this same subject
    and one mentioned "To fix this issue, 1) edit the invitation IP
    address" how do i do this? thanks in advance.
    Zetor

Connection Windows XP