Laptop for college

I have been in college for about the past month. I now realized that it should have been a good idea to purchase a laptop, rather than lug around my desktop pc with me to college. My question is what would be a good laptop for Microsoft office and programming that could still play games for around $650-$800 range?
7 answers Last reply
More about laptop college
  1. Ain't gonna be playin much in the way of modern games for that price :/.
  2. Get a good desktop pc that plays your games and a small laptop that you can lug around. Trying to combine both gaming and portability will run into the thousands of dollars, not hundreds.
  3. If you're willing to go with a refurb this one doesn't seem too bad and it has a 560m GPU
  4. jsrudd said:
    If you're willing to go with a refurb this one doesn't seem too bad and it has a 560m GPU

Thanks for the replies. I already do have a desktop for gaming, but the laptop would be for mostly office and light gaming. The most intensive game would probably be Civ V or L4D2. The refurbed laptop looks good. I'll look into it. I was also thinking about how an A10 would work with this budget?
  5. except it's kinda heavy and you get so you hate lugging a huge laptop to class
  6. this would be my recommendation and it currently has a huge discount
    http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-261729U-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0082PS2IM
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops College Product