System Restore not work

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

I tried all the answers that I have seen here: to do it in safe mode, to turn
off the antivirus and the firewall, also turn off SR , but nothing.
I give more information, yesterday my wife I try to download the plug in
realplayer for the firefox. I tried to remove it but it was impossible, it
say that the uninstall fille is missing, so I diceded to download all the
progran fron his webpage. I installed it and the I could remove it, but I
continue without being able to restore the sistam to any moment before it.
Some one has some news ideas??

Product: Windows Operating System
Id: 111
Origen: SRService
Versión: 5.2
Nombre simbólico: EVMSG_RESTORE_FAILED
Mensaje: A restoration to "%1" restore point failed. No changes have been
made to the system.

Explicación
The System Restore service could not restore the system.

Possible causes include:

The restore point is corrupted.
There is an unknown problem with the system.

To try to restore the system again, do one of the following:

Select a different restore point for running System Restore.
Run the System Restore service in Safe Mode.
To run the System Restore service in Safe Mode

Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System
Tools, and then click System Restore.
Follow the instructions in the System Restore wizard.

"marcelo" <marcelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried all the answers that I have seen here: to do it in safe mode, to
>turn
> off the antivirus and the firewall, also turn off SR , but nothing.
> I give more information, yesterday my wife I try to download the plug in
> realplayer for the firefox. I tried to remove it but it was impossible, it
> say that the uninstall fille is missing, so I diceded to download all the
> progran fron his webpage. I installed it and the I could remove it, but I
> continue without being able to restore the sistam to any moment before it.
> Some one has some news ideas??
>
> Product: Windows Operating System
> Id: 111
> Origen: SRService
> Versión: 5.2
> Nombre simbólico: EVMSG_RESTORE_FAILED
> Mensaje: A restoration to "%1" restore point failed. No changes have been
> made to the system.
>
> Explicación
> The System Restore service could not restore the system.
>
> Possible causes include:
>
> The restore point is corrupted.
> There is an unknown problem with the system.
>

> To try to restore the system again, do one of the following:
>
> Select a different restore point for running System Restore.
> Run the System Restore service in Safe Mode.
> To run the System Restore service in Safe Mode
>
> Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
> Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System
> Tools, and then click System Restore.
> Follow the instructions in the System Restore wizard.

marcelo,

I had a similar problem recently and was advised to go to this site >>>
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/tips.html

I used the "How do I reinstall System Restore" tip and it worked perfectly.
I hope this is useful to you
Good Luck

dfrog