Joust switches

I've got apparently stuck play switches. The cp is fine, though. IIRC,
there's a possible bad IC responsible, yes? Suggestions would be
appreciated.

--
May we live together in peace.

yes, the "widgit" board could have a bad PIC on it. They're fairly easily
replacable (you can get them from bob roberts).

on the other hand, widgits are fairly readily available and aren't that
expensive so you have your choice (it's about $20 cheaper to fix it yourself
vs buy a working one).

steve

In article <VzNDe.9778$Zx3.2715@trndny05>,
"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote:

> yes, the "widgit" board could have a bad PIC on it. They're fairly easily
> replacable (you can get them from bob roberts).
>
> on the other hand, widgits are fairly readily available and aren't that
> expensive so you have your choice (it's about $20 cheaper to fix it yourself
> vs buy a working one).

Thanks, I'll look into it.

--

:
: on the other hand, widgits are fairly readily available and aren't that
: expensive so you have your choice (it's about $20 cheaper to fix it yourself
: vs buy a working one).

PIA, not PIC.

With how poorly made the williams boards are, if it's not socketed, there's
a good chance you'll rip up a lot of traces when you remove it.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

ah, yeah, pia.. pic... that's what happens when you have 2 hours of sleep
last night...

Howard S Shubs wrote:
>stuck play switches
Corroded connections/connectors @ the widget PCB. Very common (is it a
cocktail?)
--
For God, Family and Republic!
My plan to save the world:

In article <1122069952.f7e8cc10516286e8fcedd35e6b17ff60@teranews>,
Gregg Woodcock <usenet@SonLightSoftware.com> wrote:

> Corroded connections/connectors @ the widget PCB. Very common (is it a
> cocktail?)

Nope. It's the cabinet you split with me, but with the control panel
from the *previous* cabinet we both moved back in 1994. I'll check it
all this weekend.

--
May we live together in peace.