video card problem

asnr

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
I have a dell v333c(celeron)which had been in storage for almost 2 years.When I booted the machine everything seemed(sound)correct however I had no picture. I checked all the connections,cables,used different monitors and no picture.
First,is there anything else I can check(note I went through the gamet on the dell site)or what video card can I add(pci)?Second,if I add a video card,how can I when the on board video does not work?Thanking everyone in advance.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I had a similar problem.. It was the Power supply. Do you have a replacement power supply you can try?

The loving are the daring!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I hope you didn't try another power supply! A Dell from that erra most certainly uses the old Dell standard power, which is wired differently than ATX but uses the same connectors!

I'd pull the RAM out and reseat it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

Damn you know alot about hardware.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anyone who's worked on Dells for a few years should know about the power supply difference.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

As opposed to TeeTewl, you really are modest lol :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My sig is a sarcastic joke based on accusations of a few forum members :smile:

asnr

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
I was prepared I had another dell power supply from the same time and I did reseat the memory for the hell of it.

TRENDING THREADS