Moto Razr [v3] ???

Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...

Silj

--
siljaline
4 answers Last reply

    siljaline wrote:

    > Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
    > PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...

    That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found" just
    after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?

    Cingular is advertising it heavily in the USA.

    The north american GSM market is now big enough to warrat more GSm models
    being ported to our frequencies. Unfortunatly, networks seem to support only a
    limited number of handsets compared to europe.

    Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say that
    high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low cost
    phones on Fido.

    "JF Mezei" wrote:
    > siljaline wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
    >> PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...

    > That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found" just
    > after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?

    Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
    Shortcut to: here: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/default.asp

    <snip>

    > Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say that
    > high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low cost
    > phones on Fido.

    I've been getting that feeling about Fido for a while, too bad.
    Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in decline.

    I'd like to see someone like T-Mobile in Canada, IMO...

    Thanks for the comments.

    Regards,
    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    siljaline wrote:
    > Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
    > Shortcut to: here: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/default.asp

    the second page has a meta refresh to:
    http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/html/v3_homepage.shtml
    which is a non existant page !

    <NOSCRIPT><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; url=../html/v3_homepage.shtml"></NOSCRIPT>

    So, they purposefully redirect safe browsers to a non existant page after
    having loaded that page since the <META tag is put towards the end of the
    document. This document is definitely not valid HTML. (Meta tags should be
    part of the <HEAD>

    > Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in decline.

    But in canada, there has never really been a wide selection of handsets. And
    with no longer competition between GSM carriers in Canada, Rogers need only be
    concerned about the competition from even more limited CDMA handset (compared
    to global GSM handsets).

    >>> Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
    >>> PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...

    >> That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found"
    >> just
    >> after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?
    >
    > Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
    > Shortcut to: here:
    > http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/default.asp
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say
    >> that high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low
    >> cost
    >> phones on Fido.
    >
    > I've been getting that feeling about Fido for a while, too bad.
    > Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in
    > decline.

    Ummm.. FIDO has more handsets/terminals in its lineup today than in its
    entire existance. LOL ;-)

Fido Marketing Rogers Internet Service Providers