Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Moto Razr [v3] ???

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:55:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...

URL: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...

Silj

--
siljaline

More about : moto razr

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 12:29:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

siljaline wrote:
>
> Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
> PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...
>
> URL: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...

That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found" just
after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?

Cingular is advertising it heavily in the USA.

The north american GSM market is now big enough to warrat more GSm models
being ported to our frequencies. Unfortunatly, networks seem to support only a
limited number of handsets compared to europe.

Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say that
high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low cost
phones on Fido.
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 2:30:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

"JF Mezei" wrote:
> siljaline wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
>> PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...
>>
>> URL: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...
>
> That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found" just
> after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?

Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
Shortcut to: here: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...

<snip>

> Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say that
> high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low cost
> phones on Fido.

I've been getting that feeling about Fido for a while, too bad.
Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in decline.

I'd like to see someone like T-Mobile in Canada, IMO...

Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
Silj

--
siljaline
Related resources
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 6:22:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

siljaline wrote:
> Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
> Shortcut to: here: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...


the second page has a meta refresh to:
http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/html/v3_ho...
which is a non existant page !

<NOSCRIPT><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; url=../html/v3_homepage.shtml"></NOSCRIPT>


So, they purposefully redirect safe browsers to a non existant page after
having loaded that page since the <META tag is put towards the end of the
document. This document is definitely not valid HTML. (Meta tags should be
part of the <HEAD>

> Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in decline.

But in canada, there has never really been a wide selection of handsets. And
with no longer competition between GSM carriers in Canada, Rogers need only be
concerned about the competition from even more limited CDMA handset (compared
to global GSM handsets).
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 9:26:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

>>> Anyone know if Fido/Rogers has any plans on carrying this phone?
>>> PING: Hello Marketing Department - Wake Up.... IMO...
>>>
>>> URL: http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...
>>
>> That URL starts to display, but then goes to a microsoft "page not found"
>> just
>> after having loaded. I suspect that this is the "RAZOR" ?
>
> Hmmm... OK, try here http://www.motorola.com/ca/0,,15,00.html
> Shortcut to: here:
> http://www.motorola.ca/experience/v3promo/CA/en-ca/defa...
>
> <snip>
>
>> Based on Ted Roger's statement that Rogers is a premium brand, I'd say
>> that high end phones ra enow more likel to appear on Rogers, and the low
>> cost
>> phones on Fido.
>
> I've been getting that feeling about Fido for a while, too bad.
> Limited phone selection is usually an indication that the "line" is in
> decline.

Ummm.. FIDO has more handsets/terminals in its lineup today than in its
entire existance. LOL ;-)
!