Security vs Signal Strength

dick

I have four computers on a "B" network. Signal strength has always
been fair to good. Sometimes losing the signal. When I went from
128-bit security to 64-bit security, the signal strength on all
computers went to maximum. Does security really affect signal
strength, or is this just some kind of aberration? The manuals for
the adapters said higher security would slow the connection, but
didn't say anything about the signal.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:55:33 -0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

~ I have four computers on a "B" network. Signal strength has always
~ been fair to good. Sometimes losing the signal. When I went from
~ 128-bit security to 64-bit security, the signal strength on all
~ computers went to maximum. Does security really affect signal
~ strength, or is this just some kind of aberration?

Aberration.

~ The manuals for
~ the adapters said higher security would slow the connection, but
~ didn't say anything about the signal.

Sounds a personal problem with your adapters. Not all
adapters will deliver less throughput with 104(128)bit
WEP than with 40(64)bit.

Aaron

TRENDING THREADS