Media Center Edition (MCE) Related Problems

When importing DVR-MS files into Power Director of my 2004 XP SP1 Media
Center Edition 2004) MCE-installed computer (Medion Director 5100), I
would receive the msg that I need an SP1 Update of "Watch TV Shows
Recorded by Media Center PCs on Other Windows PCs".

I have gone to the Windows Media Center Web and downloaded the patch (
Q810243_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe ), but after installation, the msg was that
the package does not apply to the operating system of my computer.

Wondering what are the problems/issues?

But as my computer is MCE 2004, why do I need this patch to watch
recordings made by other PCs?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about media center edition related problems

    Please repost to the Media Center peer support groups - found at
    microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter.*

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    <lcheni@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > When importing DVR-MS files into Power Director of my 2004 XP SP1 Media
    > Center Edition 2004) MCE-installed computer (Medion Director 5100), I
    > would receive the msg that I need an SP1 Update of "Watch TV Shows
    > Recorded by Media Center PCs on Other Windows PCs".
    >
    > I have gone to the Windows Media Center Web and downloaded the patch (
    > Q810243_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe ), but after installation, the msg was that
    > the package does not apply to the operating system of my computer.
    >
    > Wondering what are the problems/issues?
    >
    > But as my computer is MCE 2004, why do I need this patch to watch
    > recordings made by other PCs?
    >

    > Thanks.

PCS Media Center Computers Windows XP