Hello All,

I have a client with an NT domain acting as the DNS server. Address 10.1.8.1
Connecting to the internet through a router with address 10.1.8.2.

I need to connect an XP Home machine to the internet. I know it can't get on
the network becaues XP Home can't access a domain but is there a way to
connect to the internet?

Peter

Select your favorite ISP and connect to the internet though
the ISP.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Peter Piluk" wrote:

| Hello All,
|
| I have a client with an NT domain acting as the DNS server. Address 10.1.8.1
| Connecting to the internet through a router with address 10.1.8.2.
|
| I need to connect an XP Home machine to the internet. I know it can't get on
| the network becaues XP Home can't access a domain but is there a way to
| connect to the internet?
|
| Peter

Hello Caery,

The internet is hooked up via the router. It is a DSL connection therefore I
have to connect to the router and am not sure how...The afore mentioned
solution doesn't work...

Thank You

> Select your favorite ISP and connect to the internet though
> the ISP.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

-----------------

> "Peter Piluk" wrote:
>
> | Hello All,
> |
> | I have a client with an NT domain acting as the DNS server. Address
10.1.8.1
> | Connecting to the internet through a router with address 10.1.8.2.
> |
> | I need to connect an XP Home machine to the internet. I know it can't
get on
> | the network becaues XP Home can't access a domain but is there a way to
> | connect to the internet?
> |
> | Peter

Hi Peter,
make a new Internet Connection f or your XP Home PC with right IP address
for your LAN settings ( automatically from DHCP server or set it manually ).
good luck
--
eorszew