Status
Not open for further replies.

WileECoyote_47

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
I have a problem with a HP 530 Laptop. Started with not charging. Found that the charger was supplying 18.5 Volts intermittently. Purchased a new charger, and seemed fine for a short while, then the POWER LED started flashing, and task bar showed “plugged in but not charging”. I tried another charger, 19 volts, and managed to charge the battery 100%. Problem is, the laptop would boot, then switch off after about 20 seconds. Checked all power settings etc. all seemed OK. Windows 7 operating system. Thought it might be the battery, as it is old and didn’t last for very long. Purchased another battery, now the POWER LED flashes all the time. With AC on or off. Laptop does stay on, but battery not charging now.

HELP PLEASE!

WileECoyote_47

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
The socket looks to be intact. I haven't opened the laptop up yet. Just tried again, when I plug it in with no battery, the LED goes green, then amber for a few seconds, then goes off. If I try and boot it without the battery, it will start booting, HP screen, then starting Windows, then "clicks" off.

Status
Not open for further replies.