FS: Asteroids cocktail cheap

Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way I
can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't feel
like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.

Brian

I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels

--
Art
"Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way I
> can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
> feel
> like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
>
> Brian

Sold!

Brian

"Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
wrote in message news:xaYDe.167903$g5.61096@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels
>
> --
> Art
> "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way
> > can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
> > feel
> > like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
> >
> > Brian

Why offer more than his asking price, wish I had money to do that. I'am a
car salesman by trade, you wouldn't happen to be in the market for a new car
would you?

"Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
wrote in message news:xaYDe.167903$g5.61096@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels
>
> --
> Art
> "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way I
>> can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
>> feel
>> like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
>>
>> Brian

Art was offering the asking price plus a fair amount to cover shipping a
freakin monitor and all that other stuff.

"James Wood" <headtrippn@aol.com> wrote in message
> Why offer more than his asking price, wish I had money to do that. I'am a
> car salesman by trade, you wouldn't happen to be in the market for a new
> car would you?
>

> "Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
> wrote in message news:xaYDe.167903$g5.61096@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels
>>
>> --
>> Art
>> "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way
>>> can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
>>> feel
>>> like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
>>>
>>> Brian

Bummer. With only the monitor and boards gone,
someone would have a chance at restoring this
game and saving it. However, with the CPs gone
that's far less likely. :(

Oh, yes, I do have a boardset and monitor that
could have gone in it.

Scott C.

Brian Adkins wrote:
> Sold!
>
> Brian
>

> "Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
> wrote in message news:xaYDe.167903$g5.61096@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
>>I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels
>>
>>--
>>Art
>>"Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way

>>>can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
>>>feel
>>>like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
>>>
>>>Brian

If that guy doesn't end up buying the boards and monitor, and you can
think of a way to ship it, I'll buy the entire thing, plus the cost of
shipping.

Seriously, PLEASE e-mail me if this doesn't go through, I'd really like
to save this one.

Thanks,

(toddjasp@bellsouth.net)

Todd

Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that Art wasn't going to go through
with it because he was mean or anything.. hahaha..

I just meant that, IF the sale doesn't go through, and you guys decide
against it...

I'm interested.

I just wanted to make sure that didn't come off mean sounding... cause
I didn't mean it that way.

Todd

Actually, I'm a huge car nut. I spend all of the money I make
contracting and programming on my cars. I've rebuilt numerous small
block chevy's, Ford 289s, GM 2.4 TwinCams, and Iron Dukes.

If you were hearing "thump thump thump"... then that IS what you call
"flat spotting" on the tires. If a car sits long enough, the tires will
eventually form these. It could ALSO be caused by a bulge in the tire
(cheap or damaged tire). In which case you would see a lump form on the
tire, or in most cases, a completely smooth part flush with the tire
tread.

If you heard a "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK", then that's a bad main or
connecting rod bearing. Heheh...

But as far as the game concerned, I am totally bummed that the cabinet
is going to get crushed. :(

I love Asteroids, it's probably one of my all time favorite arcade
games. It does sadden me that it's getting stripped and the cabinet is
going to get thrown out.
:(

Todd

Scott, why don't you talk to Art? I bet he is just picking up the
panels to resell or a future project. He might sell them......

You guys should know this about Scott- he doesn't even throw away bad
chips!

All kidding aside, I do admire his dedication towards preservation (but
bad chips get their little legs crushed at my house)!

Mike Doyle

I will take the cocktail glass and coin bucket if you still have it!
I'am restoring my Asteroids cocktail, please E-mail me for price.
Thanks!

I offered more than the asking price because a: he needs to spend time to
take it apart for me and b: the offer includes shipping costs - his asking
price was just for a pickup sale

--
Art
"James Wood" <headtrippn@aol.com> wrote in message
> Why offer more than his asking price, wish I had money to do that. I'am a
> car salesman by trade, you wouldn't happen to be in the market for a new
> car would you?
>

> "Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
> wrote in message news:xaYDe.167903$g5.61096@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>I will pay $225 including UPS for the boards monitor and control panels
>>
>> --
>> Art
>> "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Cheap, very dirty, non-working, but complete. That's about the best way
>>> can describe an Asteroids cocktail I'm looking to sell. I really don't
>>> feel
>>> like messing with it. $175. Game is located in Nashville, TN.
>>>
>>> Brian

Anybody actually have or know where a set of panels can
be found for it? I'll be in Nashville next month and
could pick this-up, if I can find panels for it.

Scott C.

Todd82TA wrote:
> Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that Art wasn't going to go through
> with it because he was mean or anything.. hahaha..
>
> I just meant that, IF the sale doesn't go through, and you guys decide
> against it...
>
> I'm interested.
>
> I just wanted to make sure that didn't come off mean sounding... cause
> I didn't mean it that way.
>

> Todd

Hell make me an offer for the panels :)

--
Art
"Scott Caldwell" <lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote in message
> Anybody actually have or know where a set of panels can
> be found for it? I'll be in Nashville next month and
> could pick this-up, if I can find panels for it.
>
> Scott C.
>
> Todd82TA wrote:
>> Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that Art wasn't going to go through
>> with it because he was mean or anything.. hahaha..
>>
>> I just meant that, IF the sale doesn't go through, and you guys decide
>> against it...
>>
>> I'm interested.
>>
>> I just wanted to make sure that didn't come off mean sounding... cause
>> I didn't mean it that way.
>>

>> Todd

I think I saw a set of cocktail control panels on ebay today, you may check
it out.

"Scott Caldwell" <lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote in message
> Anybody actually have or know where a set of panels can
> be found for it? I'll be in Nashville next month and
> could pick this-up, if I can find panels for it.
>
> Scott C.
>
> Todd82TA wrote:
>> Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that Art wasn't going to go through
>> with it because he was mean or anything.. hahaha..
>>
>> I just meant that, IF the sale doesn't go through, and you guys decide
>> against it...
>>
>> I'm interested.
>>
>> I just wanted to make sure that didn't come off mean sounding... cause
>> I didn't mean it that way.
>>

>> Todd

Problem is, Art is bidding on them too!

Scott C.