Sign in with
Your question

Single card dual 6800 Ultra

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 9, 2005 6:51:25 PM

<A HREF="http://www.hardspell.com/news/showcont.asp?news_id=1158..." target="_new">Link</A>
Sorry for the ching chong chang talk.. CS will interpret. :wink:
You are looking at dual 6800 Ultra board from Asus in prototype form.

SLI can't be stopped.
This card is another perfect example of how cool SLI is.
it enables so much stuff.. just need to research and develop GPUs that work in tandem.. and the software ect..

THEN its really cool what they can do!

thank the GPU-gods for ATI/NV wars... or we wouldnt have SLI, the R300, or prob even these relatively rapid DX software/hardware advances we've had.

Truley exciting times for the GPU world. ATI awoke a sleeping giant..
March 9, 2005 7:01:44 PM

You were beat to the punch by the Rod, mate.

Yeah, good times. I wonder if this dual-6800 ASUS card will have to have a dedicated mobo like Gigabyte does with the 3d1.

Interesting to see the benches next week (if any are released), so we can see what'll happen when this mofo goes toe to toe with the R520...

Ati was awakened by Nvidia in the 9700 gen... Nvidia was awakened by Ati in the 6800 gen... place your bets to see whose got more consciousness during the next round, folks. :) 

March 9, 2005 7:12:18 PM

eh, this will all be a moot point when cell processing comes to fruitition.

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"
P4 3.0C HT, Intel D865GBF, 1GB Crucial PC3200 DDR, 2x WD 36GB Raptor 10kRPM, BBA Radeon 9800PRO, SB Audigy, Hauppage WinTV
Related resources
March 9, 2005 7:21:09 PM

Well, bets are against ATI.. they first gotta top dual 6800 Ultras

and if you can put TWO of these dual 6800Ultra cards in a single SLI rig... whoa.. ATI really has its work cut out with R520.. and with their own SLI.. and their SM3.. alot riding for ATI this next launch.. AND they HAVE to get it more available than the X800s were..

to do ALL of that.. is one mighty, mighty task. I'm placing bets against that happening. But its not impossible. It just might be for them to execute so many things perfectly, they have to not only match everything NV has done.. but do it better...

NV got the better deal with catching Sony.. we'll see.

I'm sticking with NV 2nd gen SM3.0, 2nd gen SLI and faith in their newfound fabs with sony/cell.

Thats not to mention ATI has yet to match any of the Nforce products.. they have a lot to prove coming up.

Its nice to see NV come through so brilliantly with SLI/NV40/NF4.
We'll see if R300 was an ArtX fluke or not.. :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2005 8:22:58 PM

[gets out Fanboi asbestos gear, and brings some sulfur and phosphorous to the party.]

Quote:
Well, bets are against ATI.. they first gotta top dual 6800 Ultras

Like that's a hard feat, they've had multi-GPU solutions for alot longer than nVidia! Pfft, nV's the new boy to the show.

Now <A HREF="http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050111/image..." target="_new">Quad AGP GPUs</A> now that took skill, 2 PCIe cards/chips , obviously easy since ALX, SLI, AMR all have solutions. It's easy it's serial anyways! :tongue:

Quote:
and if you can put TWO of these dual 6800Ultra cards in a single SLI rig... whoa..

Only with ALX or AMR could you do that, nVidia's SLI is limited by it's psysical controller built into the chip.

Quote:
AND they HAVE to get it more available than the X800s were..

Wich were and still are far more available than GF6800GT and Ultras on PCIe, heck they're almost as rare as the X800XTPE-AGP!

Quote:
Thats not to mention ATI has yet to match any of the Nforce products..

Yeah, their Mobos don't 'match them' they just outperform them, sure by 0.5 % but it's still better. :tongue:

Quote:
We'll see if R300 was an ArtX fluke or not..

Yeah, and we'll have to wait until next generation to see if nV can come up with something not though up by 3Dfx. Nothing new just 3Dfx part-II. :lol: 

[/Mmmm toasty]

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
March 9, 2005 8:48:36 PM

for an impartial, neutral one.. you sure do alot of talking around here trying to convince someone that ATI is still on top!!

your arguments reach for straws, and ati was defeated. face it.
ati sli isnt here. no where to be seen. you blow alot of smoke to hype this imaginary product.
nv availability was better this gen on agp AND pcie.. sorry
ati mobos are crap. no one really notices because everyones using an nforce.
current sli has nothing to do with scan line interleave.. if parallel processing was 3dfx's idea you'd be right
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2005 9:38:14 PM

Well if I thought for a moment you were being impartial... :wink:

As for PCIe availability, nah nV just isn't there yet, they had to make an announcement that they would finally be shipping NV45 parts to ease supply shortages. Their AGP are far more plentiful in the high end for sure, but the GF6800U is still a rare bird, and priced as such. Bu by the same token the X800XTPE-AGP were rare after their initial availabilty, althought I'd say that while the GF6800GT PCIe may have been more available than the X800XTPE-AGP, the GF6800U-PCIe was not.

Quote:
ati sli isnt here.

True, but does it really NEED to be?

Quote:
ati mobos are crap.

Now that's just envy talking. You know everyone wants a Bullhead in their computer, who wants SLI when you can have the fastest AMD64 out there? :tongue:

Quote:
no one really notices because everyones using an nforce.

Yeah because nV let them all slip by quality control with all their bugs, whereas ATi decided to fix them first instead of saddling the consumer with a defective product. :tongue:

Quote:
current sli has nothing to do with scan line interleave..

I know, but what does that have to do with it, nV simply took 3Dfx's multi-gpu experience, and ATI and (now Alienware)'s AFR and SFR technologies, and then added them to 3Dfx's Rampage core design and came up with the NV40. :evil: 
We're not jut talking about parrallel processing, just like you're not just talking about the RV250.

Damn bid card though, they better hope more people get BTX rigs to be able to fit those in ontop of the chipset HSFs. :lol: 

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
March 9, 2005 10:37:11 PM

Quote:
althought I'd say that while the GF6800GT PCIe may have been more available than the X800XTPE-AGP, the GF6800U-PCIe was not.

Who cares, they had more cards out for AGP and PCIE.. they didnt have every single card available from every line.. but they still filled more rigs than ATI did.
Thats what counts!

Quote:
True, but does it really NEED to be?

Ask ATI if they need it, they are implementing it arent they? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Quote:
Now that's just envy talking. You know everyone wants a Bullhead in their computer, who wants SLI when you can have the fastest AMD64 out there?

You caught me.

Quote:
Yeah because nV let them all slip by quality control with all their bugs, whereas ATi decided to fix them first instead of saddling the consumer with a defective product.

You caught everyone.
Everyone is biting their nails in anticipation of the next ATI chipset.. oh wait, thats Nforce4 for Intel :evil: 

Quote:
know, but what does that have to do with it, nV simply took 3Dfx's multi-gpu experience, and ATI and (now Alienware)'s AFR and SFR technologies, and then added them to 3Dfx's Rampage core design and came up with the NV40.

3dfx's multi-gpu experience ended up helping a whole lot of nada. And Rampage was supposed to be implemented into NV30 supposedly.. NV40 is a NV redesign as far as I know.

It doesnt matter, they bought out 3dfx.. if anything it seems to have impeded Nvidia.

Yet, in ATI's case, the ArtX aquisition appears to be the only thing that kept that joke afloat. R300 is about spent though, this next gen will be really, really interesting from ATI. They got alot to match NV on now.
If they do that, I'll be impressed.

ATI actually surpassing NV with their 1st gen SLI copycat, 1st gen SM3 and hyped up R520 that few really seem to care about?

Well, lets just say, we've seen how ATI does on <A HREF="http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1641010,00.a..." target="_new">truley new products</A>. Expect more of the same, esp with the pressure being on as it is. They'll rush their stuff and it won't be pretty.
Not that it'd be great if they didnt have to rush it out (see link).
March 9, 2005 10:40:59 PM

I would say Nvidia is winning this round but ATI does have a great card out now with the X800XL. Most people have no need for SLI but just as with SM3.0 Nvidia is in a better position since they've got the technology out first. Don't doubt ATI though they surprised everyone before they could again.
March 9, 2005 10:54:39 PM

dont take me too seriously.. i prefer NV for their 64bit/linux/multimonitor/overall driver support.. but i dont buy inferior products. i never bought a FX for myself.
recommended ATI to my relatives and bought a 9800 (which i flashed to pro) for myself.

they could pull something out.. but its my personal hunch R300 was an ArtX aquisition fluke.
They do fine at the OEM biz.. but I dont know if they are truley in NVs caliber.. I think this next launch from them will reveal the most, now that R300-on-crack can't be re-released and still make ATI look good.
March 9, 2005 10:56:36 PM

I have to agree with you that thus far Nvidia has been on a much better marketing campaign, and captured 2 of the more crucial price points 250 dollars and 400 dollars with the 6600gt and 6800gt respectively, which both destroys ATI's competitors of X700Pro and X800Pro. With the launch of X800XL which beats the 6800gt in every test and speculations of X800Pro replacing X700Pro in the 250-300 dollars segment, this could be bad for Nvidia, but we haven't heard of any moves from Nvidia, is there going to be a 6850GT to compete with the X800XL? I don't see how that's going to work since tthen it's going to be identical to the 6800ultra. I guess Nvidia could push out 6900ultra to compete with the X850XT and perhaps the neverexisted ultra extreme edition comes to play against the X850XT PE. Now here's what's confusing me, i'm just going to list the cards that exist now or are coming out very soon,

ATI: X850XT PE, X850XT, X850Pro, X800XT and PE(dissapperaing quickly), X800Pro, X700Pro, screw anything below that.

I guess Nvidia's move really is to tune up frequency, there is no doubt in my mind that in a clock for clock contest Nvidia will win since they do have better architecture in this round. But it seems that they're really being conservative about that. Possible that an overclocked version of 6800ultra will be placed in direct competition with X850XT and X850XT PE, 6800ultra stays competitive with the X800XL, 6800GT should be downclocked more, including ram to match performance of X850Pro, and 6800nu gets a bit more core freq to match X800Pro maybe?

This is the only logical case I see from Nvidia in order to match ATI's lineup, but this is going to be confusing for consumers, at the same time good for people who does their research, since performance difference on the middle to top end cards are going to be minimal. Performance difference isn't going to be gigantic between the X800Pro and X850XT PE, or the 6800NU to the maybe 6900ultra. Unlike the current mainstream 6600gt and X700Pro which performs far less than their higher end counterparts.
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2005 10:59:48 PM

Gotta go to auto show, but ATI SLI copycat?

What are you talking about AFR is ATI's, now who's the copycat there. :tongue:

Anywhoo, chat later after show.

March 10, 2005 12:01:22 AM

Kinney I admit SLI is great, but the games supported list is still pretty damn short, true all the blown-out-of-proportion games are all supported, but truly great games, such as Riddick, or Rome, or Nexus, or even KOTOR series, aren't supported by SLI, and my single 6800ultra is already lagging in those games well aside from KOTOR on high res, Rome I have to turn all the details to medium and res to 1024/768 to play the game with huge scale, it's a shame that the less renowned games aren't supported by SLI. I'm not sure if I ever will pick up that second 6800ultra, seems new stuff are coming out too quick, and SLI support isn't too great, but you do get the bragging rights on benchmarks which are supported by SLI. If from today onwards all games are going to be designed supporting SLI and AMR, then I guess it's definently a great option for people who got money to spend.
March 10, 2005 12:21:06 AM

Did you miss out on <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam..." target="_new">this</A>?

Thats not really a short list.. and any game I've tried works. If you read any review and they arent using the 71.84s.. it isnt doing SLI justice by any means.

Check the list I posted in that thread to see if those games you listed are supported natively.
If not, I'd bet the autodetect features would enable the correct SLI method for those games. It has for me, everytime.

I was pleasantly suprised that it picked up on the game Savage tonight, a little known (great) game.. SLI working.

If you missed that thread, I'd recommend it.. these new betas turned even my opinion around from questioning to "this is the future".
March 10, 2005 12:40:26 AM

Kinney read my previous post, and i'll just ask the question again, has anybody heard of anything about Nvidia's next move on how to counter ATI's X850XT/PE. Is there going to be a 6900ultra?
March 10, 2005 12:48:54 AM

No there isnt going to be.
They dont need it. The X850 is barely faster than the X800 at all.
Basically it was to fix their production issues and get some cards out under the name X800XL and X850XT PE.

NVs 6800 Ultra stacks up just fine against the X800XTPE or X850XT PE by itself.
Toss in SLI and its all over.

NV launched solid products from the get-go this time.
ATI is the one left scrambling around with card revisions out the arse and promises of folowing NV to market with SM3/SLI.

Next up to bat is the Sony R&D funded/Cell-cross developed NV50, a totally new redesign from NV40, with NV having access to Cell fabs.
Its underhyped.. and I think we are in for a real ATI bruising.. we'll see. I dont see any reasonable reason to toss the NV40 core... so I have a feeling this will be big.
March 10, 2005 1:20:26 AM

I'm going have to disagree it seems ATI's X850XT PE is a bit faster than the 6800Ultra, I really think Nvidia should just overclock their card a bit, i mean i haven't volt modded on a 6800ultra and i'm hitting 480mhz on the core, i'm sure increasing core voltage from 1.4 to 1.5 or 1.6 will get it to 500mhz core. Maybe use some kickass 1.2ns DDR3 ram, more bragging rights for Nvidia, i mean i'd do it.
March 10, 2005 1:47:17 AM

Nvidia ruled the $200 and $350 price point, but has anyone noticed that the X800XL's are actually selling like hot cakes at the $300 price point... and they're AVAILABLE?

Notice also that the new vanilla 12-pipe X800 will be sold at the $200 price point - to maul the 6600GT's territory.

Not to belittle Nvidia, their products are good, but it's Ati's turn now and the pendulum has swung the other way. Nvidia will have to lower the prices of both the 6600GT and vanilla 6800 if they want to compete with the X800, and they'll have to lower the price of the 6800GT to compete with the X800 XL. Not sure they'll do that, but even if they don't, Ati has stood and delivered appropriate products to market.

Like I said, the pendulum has swung. It'll happen again in favor of Nvidia 6 months down the road, but I have to say, dual 6800's on a single card is hardly anything more than two 6800 Ultras in SLI... something we can already buy.

R520 is a monster, and it's almost here. It's the Ati giant's turn to wake up, by my reckoning.

So with this in mind (and just to piss Kinney off) I'm going to make two predictions that I bet we will see come to pass in the next 4 months:

1. A single R520 will defeat two 6800 Ultras in SLI (including the ASUS dual 6800 card), and

2. Ati will release AMR motherboards, making dual R520's the absolutely untouchable performance leader for at least 6 months

So Kinney, you feeling lucky? What shall we bet?

March 10, 2005 1:50:46 AM

You do realize that R520 isn't unopposed right? There is the G70. Well you're just trying to piss off Kinney so hahaha.
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 1:55:45 AM

As another fellow 6800U owner, I agree with you, and then some. A single X850XTpe is clearly faster than a single 6800U, in everything but Doom 3. SM3 and being able to go SLI could be argued for the 6800U, but as a single card, there is no question which is more powerful.

But as Kinney said, with SLI, do they really have to release anything faster than the 6800U? Not really. it's not the clear win by any means that it could be if a single 6800U outperformed X850XTpe, but shoot the list of games/benchies that SLI dominates in is growing. NV needs to concentrate on smoothing out SLi even more, and to combat R520 when it starts getting previewed.

I'm one who feels that anyone who bought a 16-pipe X800 series card or GF6800 series card, did well this round.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3400555" target="_new"> My</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8268935" target="_new">Gamer</A>
March 10, 2005 1:59:13 AM

From what I've seen, G70 isn't nearly as far along as R520, nor is it even clear what kind of card it is... might be a mobile piece.

But if Nvidia presents it at Cebit, more power to 'em. It'll make for a much better fight.

March 10, 2005 2:16:51 AM

More like a much better paper fight.
March 10, 2005 2:46:09 AM

True enough. But fun to watch, regardless. :) 

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 4:17:10 AM

Quote:
No there isnt going to be.

Actually no, they will be releasing something in the fall <A HREF="http://www.beyond3d.com/#news20937" target="_new">according to recent financial analysts briefing</A> they (nV) gave.

Quote:
Toss in SLI and its all over.

Unless you get AMR or ALX in the time being, relying on others to fail is how they got into their last mess, it wouldn't be wise to do that again. While the GF6800U can use SLI to try and compete with a single R520 (probably still to a disadvanatage), it wouldn't help against two and would fall far back since there is no option for 3-4 GPUs.

And the Sony aided solution is even further into the future so that's even less relevant.

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 4:50:14 AM

nVidia is supposed to release some 110nm cards in the spring (sounds like copying the X800XL to me :wink: ), so there may be hope yet for something in the nV lineup to compete, but really that's a long way away, and it still hasn't happened yet so who knows if they'll do it? :lol: 

AS for the NV50/G70/Whatchamacallit, what makes anyone think that nV can come up with a competing part, ATI will use 90nm low-k, and nVidia has already stated they don't trust low-k cause it's dangerous, so no matter what you're going to have huge barriers to speed thus guaranteeing that nV can't make an equal part without going to 65nm. Sounds like they're stuck yet again playing leapfrog. :evil: 

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 5:20:22 AM

If you think that quad GPU's are possible with nVidia's current implementation, you're either not familiar with how the technology works, or you're ignoring it. The former would make your comment ignorant, and later would make your comment stupid: that has nothing to do with ATI.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
March 10, 2005 9:22:11 AM

ATI has some really great cards dont get me wrong, but no way are there Motherboards better than nvidias nforce 4, ati does not rule the best performing mark that for sure is for SLI i havent seen much coming from ati lately to compete but i am waiting for the r520 in anticipation and fingers crossed it will kick ass.

And if nvidia comes out with a duel 6800 ultra card in one dam they showed ATI how to use there old tech in modern times, i havent seen ati use this for ages.

1999 ati rage fury max was the first REMEMBER duel or quad grafixpro.
March 10, 2005 11:26:06 AM

Talk all you want about R520 beating out SLI.. but theres no R520.. and there is SLI. So your fanboy aspirations just got smashed. You are bragging about vaporware.

Anyway I've got to get going to Mayo Clinic (we have good healthcare choices in this country :wink: ), my father in law is having a brain biopsy..
argue with you later "neutral one".
March 10, 2005 2:20:11 PM

Quote:
You are bragging about vaporware.

What are you smoking, dude? you started talking about vaporware in the first place, Kinney... you began this thread based on a picture of an unreleased, unannounced, dual-6800 card, remember?

You started a thread bragging about vaporware in the first place, dude. We just continued the discussion.

March 10, 2005 4:45:04 PM

No offence mate but ggape is bios towards ati by a friggin train load of r520. and game is towards nvidia.

But ggape just cant take it when hes shoved in a corner and cant bow out gracefully makes me laugh really.

The neutral zone................... To Be Cont.
March 10, 2005 4:51:39 PM

No offense taken. Everybody has their own bias. I don't know what you mean by "bow out gracefully" though... why should anyone have to bow out of an opinion?

As for my opinion, if we're talking vaporware, I'd put my money on new architecture + multiple cards over old architecture + multiple cards anyday.

Although, here's a tidbit for you Nvidia fans: Xbit labs is spreading the rumor that you might be able to use two of those monster dual-6800's in SLI... making a total of four 6800 GPUs:

<A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/200503091642..." target="_new">http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/200503091642...;/A>

It's going to be a really interesting week.

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 5:50:00 PM

Actually multi-card/vpu is very very old really, before 3Dfx, before ATI. Matrox even had a server implementation I once saw which had removeable/addable (if that's a word) memory chips that could be done in clusters. Freaky setup for the time (mid 90s).

Quote:
And if nvidia comes out with a duel 6800 ultra card in one dam they showed ATI how to use there old tech in modern times, i havent seen ati use this for ages.

Well the picture I posted is for a quad R9800 setup, they've had quad R9700s, and <A HREF="http://www.colorgraphic.net/newsite/misc/home.asp" target="_new">Colorgraphic's solutions</A>, <A HREF="http://www.appian.com/products/?page=phoenix" target="_new">Appian Solution</A>, and then ATI's server solutions which already allow combined ARRAYS, unlike nV's 2 chips only solution sofar, so c'mon it's not like they don't have experience. There's even Sapphire's personal <A HREF="http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050111/image..." target="_new">Maxx R9800XT solution</A>, which may never have been retailed because the FX5950 proved to be nothing new, but shows they've been working on things and aren't entering this without any experience, so it's no stretch to think they can pull this off, their VPUs are already multi-aware, so once again it's not like they're re-inventing the wheel here.

Quote:
Talk all you want about R520 beating out SLI.. but theres no R520.. and there is SLI. So your fanboy aspirations just got smashed. You are bragging about vaporware.

Like Cleeve mentioned, ditto dude. And there is an R520, just no X950XTPE++ retail version, which will no doubt be launched very soon, and then you'll have no 'it don't exist' defence, so start thinking of a new one. :tongue:

Quote:
my father in law is having a brain biopsy..

Well and for that I wish you all the best and him good news/results.

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 5:57:35 PM

No offence, but really you need to do your research on the forum/threads before getting involved in this stuff, it's for like the long-timers only kinda thread.

I don't favour one or the other of ATI and nVidida, I like Matrox. But Game/Kinney and I have an ongoing thing. Now that we've gotten past the I respect both, we do the exagerated flaming/pr/fud/bs stuff for fun. At least that's why I do.

Don't take anything seriously if we're directing it at each other, alot is exagerated for effect.

As for bowing out gracefully, once again, you obviously haven't read the threads enough. Whatever, this is for kicks, hence the pre-amble.

No one here is going to ignore ATI or nV based on PR/FUD, there's tons of great options from both.

Anywhoo, enjoy the ride, but keep your arms and head inside the vehicle at all times, don't want you to get hurt. :tongue:

March 10, 2005 6:11:26 PM

touchy. joke.

i got bored wanted to spark a reaction so i picked on you, i am garanteed a reaction with you buddy. lol.

your not bios at all.
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 7:45:05 PM

LOL!

Ok, Touché bad guy! :tongue:

Now on to XGI! :evil: 

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 7:46:28 PM

Quote:
Anywhoo, enjoy the ride, but keep your arms and head inside the vehicle at all times, don't want you to get hurt

I am thanks. :smile: But seriously, I don't think that you're biased here at all Ape, but it does seem like you prefer ATI's current products. Nothinkg wrong with that. I was originally planning on getting a 6800gt for the rig I'm building, but the comparison charts and the price of the x800xl changed my mind. I can't afford SLI, so this was a much more viable option in my case. They seem close in performance, but I have to wait and see as I'm still waiting for some components.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2005 8:21:05 PM

Funny thing is really the GF6600 (not GT) was becoming my prefered upgrade route for the new build initially, and then the X800/XL appeared before the AMD+PCIe boards started appearing in any quanitity. And man does that XL ever match what I like about mid-range cards. Especially with the quieter HIS that throws the heat out of my rig, can't argue with that IMO.

The GF6800GT has dominated the best buy category for so long, and still hasn't given up that title, just shares it now. Now I think we finally have more balance, and it should be sweet. I'd really be interested in seeing nV's 110nm upper-middle class, but it hasn't even been announced yet so it's getting a little late in the game for me and too close to the R520/NVWhatachamacallit to wait any longer.

Oh well, I may seem biased, and especially in threads like this or anything where there's some level of fanboism (for entertainment or for real), but anyone asks me what they should buy I will always give them as straightforward ignore the brandname (unless it's powercrapper or Gag'n'puke) advice as I can.

Anywhoo, Ati and nV suck, no surround gaming, seriously how can you be immersed when your peripheral vision is filled with a poted plant and your stack of girlie.. err anatomy books!?! :evil: 

March 10, 2005 9:58:27 PM

i love entertainment, but i think the x800xl rocks.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2005 6:28:39 AM

GRRR, I need my damn Tax return back already. %$#@^&*?! when Uncle Sam says 2 weeks, I guess he <b> REALLY </b> means 2 weeks!! :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
!