Did APB come with both 25" and 19" monitors??

No, only 19".

Ken.

"Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> eh?
>
> john

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

that apb use to be mine. the 19indied so i put a 25in in it because it was
cheaper to get a 25in used then a 19in and plus its better to play it with a
25in
"Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> eh?
>
> john

Mike

Splendid

Thanks,,,

I swear I saw on on ebay with a 25" monitor... Must not have been
original..

john

"Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No, only 19".
>
> Ken.
>

> "Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> eh?
>>
>> john

Mike

Splendid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6192920573&category=13716&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

thats the link for the one with the 25",.... Plain bezel, so he probably
intalled it..

ok thanks

john

"Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No, only 19".
>
> Ken.
>

> "Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> eh?
>>
>> john

Yep, that is definatly not original. I actually saw that auction and thought
how cool it was that they put a 25" monitor into it. Ive seen several system
2 medium resolution games that people put 25" monitors into. I would assume
that when the 19" medium resolution monitors died that the operator or
whoever stuck a much more common 25" medium resolution monitor into the cab
to get it working again. When I finally get around to getting a Paperboy and
Super Sprint I am going to cram a 25" into both of those.

I am a big fan of 720 and I always played it with a 25" medium resolution
monitor, as 720 originally comes with a 25" monitor and that is the way
everybody played it. I remember when I hooked a set of 720 boards up into my
brothers Super Sprint to test them and I couldnt beleive how small and
shitty the game looked on the Sprint's 19" monitor. So, like I said, when I
finally get around to getting a Paperboy and Super Sprint both of them will
be crammed with 25" monitors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6192920573&category=13716&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

> thats the link for the one with the 25",.... Plain bezel, so he probably
> intalled it..
>
> ok thanks
>
> john
>
> "Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > No, only 19".
> >
> > Ken.
> >

> > "Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> >> eh?
> >>
> >> john

I happened to notice that APB on eBay also.

I have an APB & a Super Sprint. With some games when you put in a
larger monitor, the resolution appears to look less detailed. Smaller
monitors provide a sharper image in many cases. Also, the artwork
from the bezel adds a nice touch and it's nice to have things looking
original, other wise we might as well just MAME everything.

I haven't played either of those on a 25" so i'd have to see them, but
Super Sprint in particular has some pretty hi-res graphics.

I see a lot of classic games like MsPacman converted with 25"
monitors, I don't think they look as good. And I can say the same
about the games from Ultracade. They seem to be loosing something for
the larger monitors. I feel the games were designed to "look best" on
19" monitors. Not too small, not too big. Of course I can understand
if med res 19" monitors are much more expensive than a 25" it might
make sense to do that.

Just my 2 cents.

>Yep, that is definatly not original. I actually saw that auction and thought
>how cool it was that they put a 25" monitor into it. Ive seen several system
>2 medium resolution games that people put 25" monitors into. I would assume
>that when the 19" medium resolution monitors died that the operator or
>whoever stuck a much more common 25" medium resolution monitor into the cab
>to get it working again. When I finally get around to getting a Paperboy and
>Super Sprint I am going to cram a 25" into both of those.

I hear ya, I too have seen the same thing when a larger monitor is used and
the graphics dont look as good. It is especially apparent on Pac games but
it doesnt actually look that bad on Galaga. My brother built a fully
restored Galaga with a 25" monitor stuffed into the cab and it doesnt look
bad, its actually pretty impressive. All of the system 2 Atari games are
medium resolution and I dont think they suffer from some of the same
problems that you see with other standard resolution games designed for 19"
monitors. I actually think that all system 2 games were designed to
accomodate a larger monitor and Super Sprint is a game the definatly should
have had a 25" monitor in it from the factory.

Ken.