16bit color desktop 256 color icons?

Hi,everybody!
Recently, if I change my desktop to 16bit color, all desktop icons will
turn into 256 color. So awkward. However, when using 32bit color,
there's no problem at all.
Why does this happen? How to fix it?
Thx for your help!

Jacky

Fix the Shell icon BPP value.

Open Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
In the right-pane, double-click Shell Icon BPP and set it's value to 16
Close Registry Editor.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell