16bit color desktop 256 color icons?

Hi,everybody!
Recently, if I change my desktop to 16bit color, all desktop icons will
turn into 256 color. So awkward. However, when using 32bit color,
there's no problem at all.
Why does this happen? How to fix it?
Thx for your help!

Jacky
1 answer Last reply
More about 16bit color desktop color icons

    Fix the Shell icon BPP value.

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
    In the right-pane, double-click Shell Icon BPP and set it's value to 16
    Close Registry Editor.

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Jacky Ferihmen" <jackyants@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,everybody!
    > Recently, if I change my desktop to 16bit color, all desktop icons will
    > turn into 256 color. So awkward. However, when using 32bit color,
    > there's no problem at all.
    > Why does this happen? How to fix it?
    > Thx for your help!
    >
    > Jacky

Icons Desktops Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP