Questions about how MS Wallpaper Changer Power Toy display..

Hi, All!

I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
fix for. Can someone help?

My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.

Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.

When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
"toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
"Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".

I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
about how images are displayed.

Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
(only?) version.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
6 answers Last reply

    I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there are quite fine pictures
    to download to
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.fast-rewind.com

    "All Things Mopar" wrote:

    > Hi, All!
    >
    > I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
    > for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
    > fix for. Can someone help?
    >
    > My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
    > of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
    > quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.
    >
    > Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
    > makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
    > ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.
    >
    > When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
    > Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
    > "toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
    > "Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
    > on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
    > wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".
    >
    > I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
    > icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
    > about how images are displayed.
    >
    > Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
    > looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
    > (only?) version.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    > --
    > ATM, aka Jerry

    You can resize the photos before making them your wallpaper.
    After selecting your background, click Apply and OK to set and save settings.
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "All Things Mopar" wrote:

    > Hi, All!
    >
    > I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
    > for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
    > fix for. Can someone help?
    >
    > My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
    > of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
    > quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.
    >
    > Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
    > makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
    > ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.
    >
    > When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
    > Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
    > "toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
    > "Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
    > on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
    > wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".
    >
    > I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
    > icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
    > about how images are displayed.
    >
    > Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
    > looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
    > (only?) version.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    > --
    > ATM, aka Jerry

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xpYW5pIOKEog==?= commented
    courteously...

    > I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there
    are
    > quite fine pictures to download to

    Hi. Someone else recommended this same program, but I
    cannot find it on this site. All I see is links to
    pictures.

    Could you possibly give me a hint or a link to the D/L
    where the screen saver and wallpaper changer are found?

    Thanks, Muchly!

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    Try the link at the very top of the page.

    "All Things Mopar" <noneofyour@busi.ness> wrote in message
    > =?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xpYW5pIOKEog==?= commented
    > courteously...
    >
    >> I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there
    > are
    >> quite fine pictures to download to
    >
    > Hi. Someone else recommended this same program, but I
    > cannot find it on this site. All I see is links to
    > pictures.
    >
    > Could you possibly give me a hint or a link to the D/L
    > where the screen saver and wallpaper changer are found?
    >
    > Thanks, Muchly!
    >
    > --
    > ATM, aka Jerry

    =?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZQ==?= commented courteously...

    > You can resize the photos before making them
    > your wallpaper. After selecting your background,
    > click Apply and OK to set and save settings.

    Sorry for being dense but I don't understand what you're
    saying at all. The images are already the size I want
    them, from 800 x 600 to 1280 x 960.

    Where in MS's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy and/or Control
    Panel>Display would I tell it to "resize" these images?
    The only thing I've ever seen is Display's "Center" vs.
    "Stretch", but I can't get "Center" to work with WPC.

    Thanks, again.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    Richard in AZ commented courteously...

    > Try the link at the very top of the page.

    I see it now, Richard. Thanks.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

Wallpaper Microsoft Power Windows XP