Questions about how MS Wallpaper Changer Power Toy display..

June 10, 2005 11:09:09 AM

Hi, All!

I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
fix for. Can someone help?

My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.

Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.

When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
"toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
"Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".

I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
about how images are displayed.

Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
(only?) version.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
Anonymous

I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there are quite fine pictures
to download to
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"All Things Mopar" wrote:

> Hi, All!
>
> I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
> for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
> fix for. Can someone help?
>
> My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
> of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
> quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.
>
> Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
> makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
> ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.
>
> When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
> Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
> "toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
> "Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
> on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
> wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".
>
> I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
> icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
> about how images are displayed.
>
> Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
> looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
> (only?) version.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> --
> ATM, aka Jerry

June 10, 2005 11:54:01 AM

You can resize the photos before making them your wallpaper.
After selecting your background, click Apply and OK to set and save settings.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"All Things Mopar" wrote:

> Hi, All!
>
> I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
> for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
> fix for. Can someone help?
>
> My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
> of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
> quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.
>
> Wallpaper Changer always uses the "stretch" feature and
> makes all images full-screen, which makes the smaller
> ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd expect.
>
> When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
> Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
> "toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
> "Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
> on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
> wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".
>
> I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
> icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
> about how images are displayed.
>
> Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? I
> looked at MS's site and I appear to have the latest
> (only?) version.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> --
> ATM, aka Jerry

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:06:00 PM

=?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xpYW5pIOKEog==?= commented
courteously...

> I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there
are
> quite fine pictures to download to

Hi. Someone else recommended this same program, but I
cannot find it on this site. All I see is links to
pictures.

Could you possibly give me a hint or a link to the D/L
where the screen saver and wallpaper changer are found?

Thanks, Muchly!

--
ATM, aka Jerry
Anonymous

Try the link at the very top of the page.

"All Things Mopar" <noneofyour@busi.ness> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xpYW5pIOKEog==?= commented
> courteously...
>
>> I recommend you to use http://www.webshots.com, there
> are
>> quite fine pictures to download to
>
> Hi. Someone else recommended this same program, but I
> cannot find it on this site. All I see is links to
> pictures.
>
> Could you possibly give me a hint or a link to the D/L
> where the screen saver and wallpaper changer are found?
>
> Thanks, Muchly!
>
> --
> ATM, aka Jerry
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:08:48 PM

=?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZQ==?= commented courteously...

> You can resize the photos before making them
> your wallpaper. After selecting your background,
> click Apply and OK to set and save settings.

Sorry for being dense but I don't understand what you're
saying at all. The images are already the size I want
them, from 800 x 600 to 1280 x 960.

Where in MS's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy and/or Control
Panel>Display would I tell it to "resize" these images?
The only thing I've ever seen is Display's "Center" vs.
"Stretch", but I can't get "Center" to work with WPC.

Thanks, again.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
Anonymous

Richard in AZ commented courteously...

> Try the link at the very top of the page.

I see it now, Richard. Thanks.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
!