Working for DELL?

Hi, I am not sure where else to post this as can't seem to find a newsgroup,
blog or anything using search engines.

I have an interview with DELL soon and have been told it is a technical
test, does anybody have any information on what this may entail? Does
anyone work for DELL? What's it like, etc.?

Thanks

Colin

Debbie Livingston wrote:

> Hi, I am not sure where else to post this as can't seem to find a newsgroup,
> blog or anything using search engines.
>
> I have an interview with DELL soon and have been told it is a technical
> test, does anybody have any information on what this may entail? Does
> anyone work for DELL? What's it like, etc.?

What position did you apply for?

Notan

I think Tom Scales may work for Dell.
"Debbie Livingston" <debbie.livingston@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am not sure where else to post this as can't seem to find a
> newsgroup, blog or anything using search engines.
>
> I have an interview with DELL soon and have been told it is a technical
> test, does anybody have any information on what this may entail? Does
> anyone work for DELL? What's it like, etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin

Applied for Technical Support at new Dell Call Centre in Glasgow.

"Debbie Livingston" <debbie.livingston@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:AKm0e.589$i36.174@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> Applied for Technical Support at new Dell Call Centre in Glasgow.

What's required for the position... an A+... dell certs... ?

A most important requirement is extraordinary patience and dedication when
dealing with callers who are rude, bigoted and too stupid to read
directions.

Ted Zieglar

"User N" <usern@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Debbie Livingston" <debbie.livingston@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Applied for Technical Support at new Dell Call Centre in Glasgow.
>
> What's required for the position... an A+... dell certs... ?

Nope, never have. Just a helpful volunteer here.

"Ted Barker" <tbarkman@abts.net> wrote in message
>I think Tom Scales may work for Dell.
> "Debbie Livingston" <debbie.livingston@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I am not sure where else to post this as can't seem to find a
>> newsgroup, blog or anything using search engines.
>>
>> I have an interview with DELL soon and have been told it is a technical
>> test, does anybody have any information on what this may entail? Does
>> anyone work for DELL? What's it like, etc.?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Colin

Be able to speak Indian.
"User N" <usern@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Debbie Livingston" <debbie.livingston@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Applied for Technical Support at new Dell Call Centre in Glasgow.
>
> What's required for the position... an A+... dell certs... ?

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Depends on the position really, if it was Ireland then they really are
proper technicians out there and know what their doing, were as Bangalore
they just read from a knowledge tree, chances are the test will be based
around customer services and some questions off A+ certification, the main
thing is that Dell will train you to Diags calls their way and you will
start off on basic models like Optiplex and Dimension

Ted Barker schrieb:
> Be able to speak Indian.

Hmm, just asking: is it really that bad?

Here in .de, I had to call several times for PE gold supportrecently. It
was quite irritating when a computer told me (in German) that I had to
press this and that key and at last 2 for PE support, and then talking
to somebody speaking English. I just guess that it was somebody in
Ireland, I am not sure. Anyway, every time I demanded somebody who is
speaking German, I was put through to German speaking support people,
some of them were even native speakers. Have you US guys tried that
already? ;-)

Olaf

Olaf Zaplinski wrote:

> Ted Barker schrieb:
> > Be able to speak Indian.
>
> Hmm, just asking: is it really that bad?
>
> Here in .de, I had to call several times for PE gold supportrecently. It
> was quite irritating when a computer told me (in German) that I had to
> press this and that key and at last 2 for PE support, and then talking
> to somebody speaking English. I just guess that it was somebody in
> Ireland, I am not sure. Anyway, every time I demanded somebody who is
> speaking German, I was put through to German speaking support people,
> some of them were even native speakers. Have you US guys tried that
> already? ;-)

What's "PE?"

Notan

Notan Wrote:
> Olaf Zaplinski wrote:-
>
> Ted Barker schrieb:-
> Be able to speak Indian.-
>
> Hmm, just asking: is it really that bad?
>
> Here in .de, I had to call several times for PE gold supportrecently.
> It
> was quite irritating when a computer told me (in German) that I had
> press this and that key and at last 2 for PE support, and then
> talking
> to somebody speaking English. I just guess that it was somebody in
> Ireland, I am not sure. Anyway, every time I demanded somebody who is
> speaking German, I was put through to German speaking support people,
> some of them were even native speakers. Have you US guys tried that
> already? ;-)-
>
> What's "PE?"
>
> Notan

Sorry, but the people You spoke to in German were most probably all in
Germany. GTS is located there.

--
Sparhawk_sk