How to install Windows XP without CDROM drive and floppy d..

June 10, 2005 2:07:25 PM

Hi,

I need to re-isntall XP on my tablet PC that I bought from an used computer
store. Problem is, I have no CDROM drive nor floppy drive. The BIOS
doesn't support booting other than floppy and hard drive. It does have an
USB slot for memory key but BIOS doesn't support boot off USB.

I do have an adpater where I can put the i386 files onto the tablet hard
drive, but how do I run the whole install from the same hard drive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:07:26 PM

Please visit the experts in the Tablet PC newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Simon" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I need to re-isntall XP on my tablet PC that I bought from an used computer
| store. Problem is, I have no CDROM drive nor floppy drive. The BIOS
| doesn't support booting other than floppy and hard drive. It does have an
| USB slot for memory key but BIOS doesn't support boot off USB.
|
| I do have an adpater where I can put the i386 files onto the tablet hard
| drive, but how do I run the whole install from the same hard drive?
|
| Any help would be much appreciated.
|
| Simon
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:35:11 AM

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting!

Please post this question in the microsoft.public.pocketpc newsgroup. That
newsgroup is primarily for issues involving pocketpc. We recommend posting
appropriately so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and
so other partners who regularly read the newsgroups can either share their
knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

!