Excell files will not open display "Windows Installer" etc.

I have 50 or so spreadsheet files all in Excell on my computer which I have
been using for 4 years now never had a problem.

Now I can not open any of them Get this Windows installer message,
preparring to install ultimately a 1706 error message.

I can not locate my original setup discs, to insert, what can I do now

Well, most likely Office needs to repair excel, as a file may have become
corrupted, missing or replaced with the wrong version. Another way would
be to install the CD and after setup starts, select repair, but without the
media, you can do neither. If the CD is OEM, you may be able to go the PC
manufacturer (if it came with the PC) and request another, or you may be
able to replace the media via Microsoft, provided you still have the Product
COA and/or License Key with proof of purchase. Other than that, you may
need to head down to your local computer software outlet or search the
internet for the best price to purchase another copy. If you need to view
them right away, you can download and install the free excel viewer, but
remember, you can only view, any updating/saving won't be allowed.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"