Hi.
I can only get my pc to see 128mb of the 256mb stick. any ideas how to fix
this
Thanks

Viking 256MB PC100 168pin 8 chip SDRAM Memory Module

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Best answerd by the tech support people at your motherboard manufacturer.

"Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I can only get my pc to see 128mb of the 256mb stick. any ideas how to
> fix
> this
> Thanks
>
> Viking 256MB PC100 168pin 8 chip SDRAM Memory Module

I can think of 2 things right off: bad memory or BIOS age is limiting
memory slots to only recognize a max of 128MB per slot (usually a BIOS
update can increase it). Also, as it has been a while since I've messed
with a PC with SDRAM, they may need to be install in pairs. I looked into
my old Desktop running Fedora Core 3 Linux and it has 512MB total, 4 128MB
modules of PC100, so I may be wrong on the pair's thing, but everything else
I have is running either DDR2 RAM or older RDRAM, both which require
inserting in pairs of same size.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com