Windows XP desktop won't stay

Any idea what this message means and its fix? ""Exception unknown software
exception (0xc00000fd) ocured inthe application at location 0x009214f9"? I
briefly see my desktop icons, then this shows up and I can't do a thing.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows desktop stay

    Hi,

    Download these, update them, then boot into Safe mode and run them:

    Adaware www.lavasoft.de
    Spybot www.safer-networking.org

    How to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "cperry400" <cperry400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Any idea what this message means and its fix? ""Exception unknown software
    > exception (0xc00000fd) ocured inthe application at location 0x009214f9"? I
    > briefly see my desktop icons, then this shows up and I can't do a thing.

Desktops Windows XP