DVD Freezes up

Upon inserting a DVD the player spins up then freezes the entire system=needs
re-boot.

I have used 4 different players. I have tried to ensure that there is no
conflicting software. I can play CD's and even burn onto the DVD/RW. But
playing simply won't work.

I have reloaded software, removed the device, changed AGP software. Nothing
makes sense. Everything else works. I have changed from master to slave and
back again--no luck. Something is not letting the DVD even get to the
playing software, either Nero or Windows Player. It will not even bring up
the ACTION task to ask me what I want to do.

Any help out there?

I have a similarproblem. My LITEPN SOHW 1670 does not work either. Not in
playing CD's nor in DVD's. At first all worked fine but after a few days, it
immediatelly freezes up. I have tried new firmware, changing to slave/master,
using another player (i used to have a SOHW 1653) nothing helps.

"Maestro Mike" wrote:

> Upon inserting a DVD the player spins up then freezes the entire system=needs
> re-boot.
>
> I have used 4 different players. I have tried to ensure that there is no
> conflicting software. I can play CD's and even burn onto the DVD/RW. But
> playing simply won't work.
>
> I have reloaded software, removed the device, changed AGP software. Nothing
> makes sense. Everything else works. I have changed from master to slave and
> back again--no luck. Something is not letting the DVD even get to the
> playing software, either Nero or Windows Player. It will not even bring up
> the ACTION task to ask me what I want to do.
>
> Any help out there?

stevindir

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I recently upgraded from windows xp and noticed I have the same trouble. I first noticed while trying to install a game from a dvd. Further testing led me to use audio cd's and periodically they freeze up as well. I tried just copying files off the disc to the desktop and it freezes. Too many reboots later I've given up.