Not happened since CM97/98

Thanks to finally upgrading my processor to a P4 3ghz (overclocked to 3.15),
finally, for the first time since I was playing CM97/98 I don't have my CPU
being hit for 99% while playing the current game. Woohoo!

Okay I'm sure some of you guys already had good enough cpus, but this is the
first time I've actually had one good enough to cope with CM without
struggling.

No doubt that means it's time for the new FM to use even more processor
power and put me back to 99% again. But for now I'm happy.

--
Fil

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:50:59 +0200, Fil Arkonus
<fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote:

> Thanks to finally upgrading my processor to a P4 3ghz (overclocked to
> 3.15),
> finally, for the first time since I was playing CM97/98 I don't have my
> CPU
> being hit for 99% while playing the current game. Woohoo!
>
> Okay I'm sure some of you guys already had good enough cpus, but this is
> the
> first time I've actually had one good enough to cope with CM without
> struggling.
>
> No doubt that means it's time for the new FM to use even more processor
> power and put me back to 99% again. But for now I'm happy.
>
> --
> Fil

FM doesn`t use more computer power than CM. It`s "easier" on the computer
even though it`s much more complicated. On my laptop (2ghz and 256mb
shared ram) FM is faster than 01-02....go figure!

Right now I got cm3 on the laptop and FM on the stationary, wich is much
more powerful. I`ve been trying to kill it with Sims 2 but no luck yet..;)

Pink

"Mr. Pink" <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:50:59 +0200, Fil Arkonus
> <fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote:
>

> FM doesn`t use more computer power than CM.

It does use more power then CM97/98 though (being a CM2 build). It was only
with CM3 that my processor started hitting the roof (and until recently I've
always had a mid range computer so I knew it was due to the game and not me
lagging behind with an ancient computer). I did notice FM being marginally
better then the last CM.

> I`ve been trying to kill it with Sims 2 but no luck yet..;)

Lol.

--
Fil

Fil Arkonus skrev:
> "Mr. Pink" <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no> wrote in message
>
>>On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:50:59 +0200, Fil Arkonus
>><fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote:
>>

>>FM doesn`t use more computer power than CM.
>

> It does use more power then CM97/98 though (being a CM2 build). It was only
> with CM3 that my processor started hitting the roof (and until recently I've
> always had a mid range computer so I knew it was due to the game and not me
> lagging behind with an ancient computer). I did notice FM being marginally
> better then the last CM.
>

>> I`ve been trying to kill it with Sims 2 but no luck yet..;)
>

> Lol.
>
> --
> Fil

It`s true. Sims 2 use up a lot of memory etc., but now it runs
smooooooth though. One of my sims died due to an unfortunate fire...but
still...smooooth..

Pink

"Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message

> It`s true. Sims 2 use up a lot of memory etc., but now it runs smooooooth
> though. One of my sims died due to an unfortunate fire...but
> still...smooooth..

I haven't played the Sims since the origional (and I mean before any of the
expansions even). But good to know setting fire to people is still as
popular as ever :)

--
Fil

Fil Arkonus skrev:
> "Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message
>
>>It`s true. Sims 2 use up a lot of memory etc., but now it runs smooooooth
>>though. One of my sims died due to an unfortunate fire...but
>>still...smooooth..
>>

> I haven't played the Sims since the origional (and I mean before any of the
> expansions even). But good to know setting fire to people is still as
> popular as ever :)
>
> --
> Fil

Not to mention a fake door on third floor..SMACK!!!

> Not to mention a fake door on third floor..SMACK!!!

We didn't have a third floor in my day. But I am glad the methods of killing
yours (and visiting) sims has moved on from the old starve/burn/drown (and
odd electrocution and hamster-disease). I got bored with the reality TV
aspects very early and got bored with the interior designing quite early
too. Took a lot longer to get bored of killing people...um sims. That's the
only thing that could tempt me back.

--
Fil