Upgraded to 6600 Gt, and see no diffrence

Recently i upgraded from my Fx 5200 to a 6600 GT (both gigabyte) and in battlefield vietnam have seen no diffrence FPS, and i can barely crank up the quality. What is wrong? What can i do? i have all the lastest drivers, i defragmented my hardrive, i closed all unecesary programs what can i do to improve this.
8 answers Last reply
More about upgraded 6600 diffrence
  1. what is ur system spec?

MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON!
  2. P4 2.8, 1 gig of Ram 430 PS, and a 6600 GT agp 8x on an ECS mobo, with on board sound and lan.
  3. Erase everything on your hard drive and restore Windows. Re-install all of the drivers and games and then see if it works better.

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=purple>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=purple>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>
  4. I'll try that real soon, just wondering are there any ways to make performacne better. Is my processor holding me back. Are there any simple things that i might be forgetting.
  5. do a fresh instal but first download the latest drivers for motherboard and grafix card and record onto disc.

6. Ok i'm gonna do that, but to make sure this will help my FPS with a fresh install, cause according to this http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/geforce-6600gt-agp-17.html this guide says i should e getting 90 FPS with a 6600 GT agp8x while i'm not even getting 20 with the only diffrence being 400 mhz. Basicaly will a fresh install increase my FPS
  7. yes for sure buddy.

8. Thx soo much, dude. Doing it now
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Gigabyte Graphics