System Restore wont work

June 10, 2005 6:00:02 PM

apologies if this has been answered someplace else. I spent ages going round
and round this support facility and ended up with some techno advise that
mentioned WMI and SRD.exe. It might as well have been written in Martian !!

Anyone able to shed any light on this problem for a new Win XP Home
edition user. I have lots of restore points listed but none work.

JJ (confused Earthling)
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:30:26 AM

Kelly's is less confusing http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select S and scroll to System Restore.
"Earthling" <Earthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> apologies if this has been answered someplace else. I spent ages going
> round
> and round this support facility and ended up with some techno advise that
> mentioned WMI and SRD.exe. It might as well have been written in Martian
> !!
>
> Anyone able to shed any light on this problem for a new Win XP Home
> edition user. I have lots of restore points listed but none work.
>
> JJ (confused Earthling)
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:55:46 PM

Hi JJ,