System Restore wont work

apologies if this has been answered someplace else. I spent ages going round
and round this support facility and ended up with some techno advise that
mentioned WMI and SRD.exe. It might as well have been written in Martian !!

Anyone able to shed any light on this problem for a new Win XP Home
edition user. I have lots of restore points listed but none work.

JJ (confused Earthling)
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore wont work

    Kelly's is less confusing http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    Select S and scroll to System Restore.
    "Earthling" <Earthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > apologies if this has been answered someplace else. I spent ages going
    > round
    > and round this support facility and ended up with some techno advise that
    > mentioned WMI and SRD.exe. It might as well have been written in Martian
    > !!
    >
    > Anyone able to shed any light on this problem for a new Win XP Home
    > edition user. I have lots of restore points listed but none work.
    >
    > JJ (confused Earthling)

    Hi JJ,

    Here are some troubleshooting tips.
    System Restore Failures to restore.
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Earthling wrote:
    > apologies if this has been answered someplace else. I
    > spent ages going round and round this support facility
    > and ended up with some techno advise that mentioned WMI
    > and SRD.exe. It might as well have been written in
    > Martian !!
    >
    > Anyone able to shed any light on this problem for a
    > new Win XP Home edition user. I have lots of restore
    > points listed but none work.
    >
    > JJ (confused Earthling)

Support System Restore Windows XP