trouble with some hardware and software xp 64bit vs. 32bit

Hey.

I have the new xp pro x64 edition, but i can´t use the most of my software
and some of my hardware. i know it´s because i need 64 bit drivers, but there
are no 64 bit drivers awayleble. isn´t there something i cought do to make 32
bit hardware or programs work on 64 bit system? Isn´t there and emulator
(program) that kan read the 32 bits program so that they will work? And I
need an antivirus and firewall program that will work on 64 bit system.

Hardware or software that doesn´t work right now:

- winTV PCI-FM model 747 (881) from Hauppauge (it´s a tv/fm card).
-Nvidia ethernet controller (marvell)
- Multimedia controller
- Multimedia vidio controller
- Need antivirus program.

My system:
Amd +64 pci-e +3400
Asus a8n-sli deluxe, (Nvidia chipset) socket 939
club 3d graffikcard 6600gt-sli
windows pro x64 edition.

PLEASE HELP ME..... Citrus, denmark
mail: citrus@esenet.dk

You should ask this in the 64 bit newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"citrus" <citrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey.
>
> I have the new xp pro x64 edition, but i can´t use the most of my software
> and some of my hardware. i know it´s because i need 64 bit drivers, but
> there
> are no 64 bit drivers awayleble. isn´t there something i cought do to make
> 32
> bit hardware or programs work on 64 bit system? Isn´t there and emulator
> (program) that kan read the 32 bits program so that they will work? And I
> need an antivirus and firewall program that will work on 64 bit system.
>
> Hardware or software that doesn´t work right now:
>
> - winTV PCI-FM model 747 (881) from Hauppauge (it´s a tv/fm card).
> -Nvidia ethernet controller (marvell)
> - Multimedia controller
> - Multimedia vidio controller
> - Need antivirus program.
>
> My system:
> Amd +64 pci-e +3400
> Asus a8n-sli deluxe, (Nvidia chipset) socket 939
> club 3d graffikcard 6600gt-sli
> windows pro x64 edition.
>
> PLEASE HELP ME..... Citrus, denmark
> mail: citrus@esenet.dk

Dude, 32-bit applications will run in 64-bit OS's in a 32-bit emulated mode,
just like 16-bit applications (old DOS/Win9x stuff) run on 32-bit OS's in
16-bit emulated mode. But... 32-bit hardware drivers will not run (no there
is not emulation software - this is the same as when 16-bit OS/hardware
drivers would not run on 32-bit OS's), on a 64-bit OS, you need 64-bit
hardware drivers. If your hardware manufacture doesn't/isn't supporting
64-bit OS's yet, you're out of luck til they do, or you purchase new
hardware with 32/64-bit drivers included. Remember, MS don't write hardware
drivers, the hardware manufacturers do, and if it's not economical for them
to support in their eyes old and outdated hardware, there's no law requiring
them to. That's Capitalism/Free Enterprise at its best. Yes, you may have
only bought it a few weeks or days ago, but the hardware manufacturer worked
on it at least 6 months to a year before it was bought by the consumer as
new bleeding edge hardware.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com