Kate

There is one folder in my recycle bin that will not clear out. The error
message I get is:

Cannot remover folder De1: The directory is not empty.

I can't restore it either. It is from an external drive address. I thought
at first it was that the external drive wasn't connected but that' not it.

How can I clean it out?
TY, Kate

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Try to Restart your computer and delete it. If not, turn your computer into
safe mode and delete it.

"Kate" wrote:

> There is one folder in my recycle bin that will not clear out. The error
> message I get is:
>
> Cannot remover folder De1: The directory is not empty.
>
> I can't restore it either. It is from an external drive address. I thought
> at first it was that the external drive wasn't connected but that' not it.
>
> How can I clean it out?
> TY, Kate

Kate

How do I empty in Safe mode?

"Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try to Restart your computer and delete it. If not, turn your computer
> into
> safe mode and delete it.
>
> "Kate" wrote:
>
>> There is one folder in my recycle bin that will not clear out. The error
>> message I get is:
>>
>> Cannot remover folder De1: The directory is not empty.
>>
>> I can't restore it either. It is from an external drive address. I
>> thought
>> at first it was that the external drive wasn't connected but that' not
>> it.
>>
>> How can I clean it out?
>> TY, Kate

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Is there a Recycle bin?

"Kate" wrote:

> How do I empty in Safe mode?
>

> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Try to Restart your computer and delete it. If not, turn your computer
> > into
> > safe mode and delete it.
> >
> > "Kate" wrote:
> >
> >> There is one folder in my recycle bin that will not clear out. The error
> >> message I get is:
> >>
> >> Cannot remover folder De1: The directory is not empty.
> >>
> >> I can't restore it either. It is from an external drive address. I
> >> thought
> >> at first it was that the external drive wasn't connected but that' not
> >> it.
> >>
> >> How can I clean it out?
> >> TY, Kate

Kate

Reboot didn't work. I usually have the external off. I left it on for the
next reboot and that forced chkdisk which fixed the problem. I was then able
to empty the recycle.