FM and Hyperthreading

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

anyone know if hyperthreading will make that much of a difference to FM2005
i see its in the options to use it but dont know if it would make a
noticeable difference

upgrade times come round again and its time to move from the old XP2600 (2.4
ghz clocked) to either a Athlon64 or P4 oh yes and the requisiste 2 gigs of
ram :) :)

anyone care to share some thoughts about this?

anything else worth changing to speed up FM? dont think i'll bother changing
my graphics card till xmas (Ti4200) and my hard drive seems sine 160gig
maxtor 7200

suggestsions welcome on a mobo/cpu/ram combo around the 400-450 mark

"Rob" <finlayson1SPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> anyone know if hyperthreading will make that much of a difference to
> FM2005 i see its in the options to use it but dont know if it would make a
> noticeable difference

Well I don't know if it was due to going from 2.2ghz to 3.15ghz or having
hyperthreading but somethings made a huge difference to my FM2005 games. I
would suspect the hyperthreading has had something to do with it. So I'd say
probably - yes.

--
Fil