Near miss or I almost broke my toobin

I've seen a number of threads about crashes, monitor explosions, falls and
some interesting wounds. What about the near misses?

I was relocating an UR Toobin' to my storage unit. Foolishly decided that
it would be OK to move it around from the side instead of the back. If
you've ever seen a toobin, it has an arcade size footprint, but the body is
slim. My handtruck didn't catch very well and the center of gravity on that
machine is not centered on the side panel. Yeesh. Tilted it back and it
rocked forward and left towards the hard concrete. Managed to dive around
and catch it before the impact. Saved the machine but not my back. I've
been looking for a toobin for so long I just couldn't let it crash.

Chris M
Chicago, IL

lol... I once started to unload a MKII cab out of the back of my van... I
got it in there myself with no problem... when I went to take it out however
I managed to pick the bottom up, walk it out and set it down on the edge...
right on the WHEELS... the damn thing then starts to slide out of the van by
itself!!! I *just* manage to get behind it and stop the slide before the
top would have gone off the van and crashed down... after about 5 minutes my
wife finally hears my screams and comes and gives me a hand.... bit nerve
racking that was.

ps.. I tried to pick it up after i got the roll stop but those damn things
are HEAVY... especially since there was only about 2 inches left on the van
I had almost all the weight on me (and I was keeping it from sliding at the
same time which wasn't easy).

steve

"cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen a number of threads about crashes, monitor explosions, falls and
> some interesting wounds. What about the near misses?
>
> I was relocating an UR Toobin' to my storage unit. Foolishly decided that
> it would be OK to move it around from the side instead of the back. If
> you've ever seen a toobin, it has an arcade size footprint, but the body
> is slim. My handtruck didn't catch very well and the center of gravity on
> that machine is not centered on the side panel. Yeesh. Tilted it back
> and it rocked forward and left towards the hard concrete. Managed to dive
> around and catch it before the impact. Saved the machine but not my back.
> I've been looking for a toobin for so long I just couldn't let it crash.
>
> Chris M
> Chicago, IL

bill

Yeah MKIIs are definitely heavy. I'm guessing yours is dedicated or in one
of the other similar MK series cabs. My sister and her boyfriend were nice
enough to go with me to pick up the machine. On the way home, her boyfriend
was driving. We had to stop a few times because the tarp covering the
machine wasn't secured well enough and kept coming loose. The kicker was
when were were about 5 mins from home and just missed hitting a deer. As I
recall, when the deer saw us it hesitated on what to do and luckily it just
missed hitting us. My sister's boyfriend swerves to miss the deer and
somehow the MK2 didn't go anywhere. Luckily it was laying flat on its back
and well strapped down. I hate to think what could have happend if it was
standing up.

I also had a Neo Geo 4 slot that fell off the dolly on me. I was too sure of
my ability to move it without using the strap on the dolly to secure it. It
fell off but didn't suffer much if any damage.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> lol... I once started to unload a MKII cab out of the back of my van... I
> got it in there myself with no problem... when I went to take it out
however
> I managed to pick the bottom up, walk it out and set it down on the
edge...
> right on the WHEELS... the damn thing then starts to slide out of the van
by
> itself!!! I *just* manage to get behind it and stop the slide before the
> top would have gone off the van and crashed down... after about 5 minutes
my
> wife finally hears my screams and comes and gives me a hand.... bit nerve
> racking that was.
>
> ps.. I tried to pick it up after i got the roll stop but those damn things
> are HEAVY... especially since there was only about 2 inches left on the
van
> I had almost all the weight on me (and I was keeping it from sliding at
the
> same time which wasn't easy).
>
> steve
>
> "cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've seen a number of threads about crashes, monitor explosions, falls
and
> > some interesting wounds. What about the near misses?
> >
> > I was relocating an UR Toobin' to my storage unit. Foolishly decided
that
> > it would be OK to move it around from the side instead of the back. If
> > you've ever seen a toobin, it has an arcade size footprint, but the body
> > is slim. My handtruck didn't catch very well and the center of gravity
on
> > that machine is not centered on the side panel. Yeesh. Tilted it back
> > and it rocked forward and left towards the hard concrete. Managed to
dive
> > around and catch it before the impact. Saved the machine but not my
back.
> > I've been looking for a toobin for so long I just couldn't let it crash.
> >
> > Chris M
> > Chicago, IL

yeah, it was a dedicated cab.. the big 25" midway (Jam) style cabinets... I
can't count the number of times I've put the dolly under neat it, grab the
top, lean back and get thrown forward because I didn't yank back hard
enough.. damn thing is WAY freaking front heavy!

"Bill" <miekkawiREMOVETHIS@msu.edu> wrote in message
> [...]
> and
>> > some interesting wounds. What about the near misses?
>> >
>> > I was relocating an UR Toobin' to my storage unit. Foolishly decided
> that
>> > it would be OK to move it around from the side instead of the back. If
>> > you've ever seen a toobin, it has an arcade size footprint, but the
>> > body
>> > is slim. My handtruck didn't catch very well and the center of gravity
> on
>> > that machine is not centered on the side panel. Yeesh. Tilted it back
>> > and it rocked forward and left towards the hard concrete. Managed to
> dive
>> > around and catch it before the impact. Saved the machine but not my
> back.
>> > I've been looking for a toobin for so long I just couldn't let it

bill

Yeah they sure are. I hate having to pull mine out from the wall for any
reason. It definitley takes a good heave to get that thing back onto a
dolly.