Status
Not open for further replies.

comp novice

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello,
how do i get back to typing freely on my aspire one notebook D255E. I held i think shift key for 8 secs because it said would help typing repeats,now it wont let me type same letter twice straight away and also wont delete letters using backspace without waiting betwen each one

Hit start and type

filter

select "Ignore repeated keystrokes using FilterKeys"

Now remove the check from Turn om Filter Keys and Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.

Hit apply.

This will turn it off and make it not come back. This is a common issue for gamers as they may hold the shift key for more then 8 seconds.

Hope this helps

Now you will never have to put up with it again(took the check off of the shortkey), you can disable lots of Accessibility options(under ease of access -> keyboard -> setup and disable the short keys for each) short keys in the control panel.

msilvers

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

I have a difficult time typing because the curser keeps jumping around and goes back and adds letters. I have to undo
my typing every other word

If you are on a laptop, try to turn off the touchpad to see if you are resting your thumb on the track pad causing it to move.

This is a common issue that most touchpad have a driver option to avoid. It is called disable touchpad when typing or similar.

In the future it is best to start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.