Why formatting dvd+r doesn't fully erase

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

When I format a 4.7 GB DVD+R I only get "total size 4.37GB" and "Free Space
4.08GB". This means 0.29GB of some hidden info is on the disk. I can drag
files to the disk OK but cannot burn using Sonic Record Now because that
program wants to see a totally blank disk.

--
Henry George

Hi,

You wouldn't format a DVD-R, you'd need to use DVD-RW media to fully wipe
the disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/