Why formatting dvd+r doesn't fully erase

When I format a 4.7 GB DVD+R I only get "total size 4.37GB" and "Free Space
4.08GB". This means 0.29GB of some hidden info is on the disk. I can drag
files to the disk OK but cannot burn using Sonic Record Now because that
program wants to see a totally blank disk.

--
Henry George
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    You wouldn't format a DVD-R, you'd need to use DVD-RW media to fully wipe
    the disk.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Henry" <henry@weston.com> wrote in message
    > When I format a 4.7 GB DVD+R I only get "total size 4.37GB" and "Free
    > Space
    > 4.08GB". This means 0.29GB of some hidden info is on the disk. I can drag
    > files to the disk OK but cannot burn using Sonic Record Now because that
    > program wants to see a totally blank disk.
    >
    > --
    > Henry George

Formatting Windows XP