WiFi Internet connection with wireless home network

I am presently running a wireless home network and use ADSL to connect it to
the Internet. My condo is going to install wireless Internet access.

Is there any way that I can maintain my home wireless network and change my
Internet connection to use the offered condo wireless link? Will I have to
buy an additional WiFi access device?

"Mengecewakan" <desak@nospam.hotpop.nospam.com> wrote in

> Is there any way that I can maintain my home wireless network and
> change my Internet connection to use the offered condo wireless link?
> Will I have to buy an additional WiFi access device?

You should get a wireless router so you can route your private wirless
network out to the condo's wireless link. AFAIK, most wireless routers
cannot route on the wireless interface so you may need to buy a wireless
bridge to convert the condo's WiFi to Wired to plug it into the WAN port of
your router. Dlink and Linksys have cheap wireless bridges for ~100.00.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

I thought if it is Wi-Fi, then its no problem to get connection to one
wireless ap, provided you register to the wireless operator.
Dah puas tunggu orang kita bersuara dlm group ni.
"Mengecewakan" <desak@nospam.hotpop.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am presently running a wireless home network and use ADSL to connect it
> the Internet. My condo is going to install wireless Internet access.
>
> Is there any way that I can maintain my home wireless network and change
my
> Internet connection to use the offered condo wireless link? Will I have to
> buy an additional WiFi access device?

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well if you are running your own WIFI network and you want to connect to
their network, you will need to ensure that you are on separate channels for
one, second (to answer your question) yes you will have to get another WIFI
device. You cannot use one WIFI device on two networks. You can sometimes
get a AP that has two cards, but they tend to be more expensive. Basically
to make things simple, you replace you ADSL modem with a wireless bridge.
They will have a solution an most likely would prefer you use what they
recommend so they can help you if it is not working right. This is of
course assuming, they are a professional organization and not just someone's
idea of "Free" Internet. I have set up many of these and they are simple.

Michael

"Mengecewakan" <desak@nospam.hotpop.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am presently running a wireless home network and use ADSL to connect it
> the Internet. My condo is going to install wireless Internet access.
>
> Is there any way that I can maintain my home wireless network and change
my
> Internet connection to use the offered condo wireless link? Will I have to
> buy an additional WiFi access device?

TRENDING THREADS