Sign in with
Your question

ATI x800xl - different companies

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 16, 2005 12:14:27 PM

So I've finally decided that the ATI X800XL is what I want for a new video card.

However, I've noticed that there are multiple companies using this chipset (ATI of course, but also Rosewill, Powercolor, Gigabyte, Connect3D).

As far as I can tell, ther arent really any differences between them, except price (ATI & Gigabyte being the cheapest). I don't care much about bundled software.

Is there any reason I should pick one or the other (e.g. ATI might be more reliable for their own chipset) or just go with the cheapest possible?

More about : ati x800xl companies

March 16, 2005 12:24:51 PM

Stay with a company you trust, not one like PowerColour.
Built by ATI boards are fine, I have one, X800XT PE.
Gigabyte is good also.
Mainly, check the specs, some will lower or raise memory and GPU clock, some use different or no heat spreaders.
Then look at price and warranty.

If all are at same clock speed, performance will be similar.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
March 16, 2005 12:43:39 PM

If Ati's are cheap I'd go with them. They have an awesome warranty.

a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2005 12:45:30 PM

Also check out the Graphics card buyers guide FAQ at the top of this forum for more info on mfrs...